  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
September 6, 2004 3:27:32 PM

I have a HP 1210 - All-in-one Printer installed on Windows XP Pro (USB
Port). All indications are that the communications are working fine between
the computer and printer, I can even run the calibration. However when I
try to print the test page, or anything else, the printer icon appears in
the task bar for a short time and then disappears without printing anything.
It also appears in the Document Print List and then disappears without
printing anything.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the printer and
computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Graham

More about : printer calibrates print

Anonymous
a b α HP
September 20, 2004 10:07:47 AM

"Graham" <gvincent@look.ca> wrote in message
news:o _SdnUQrGuV5HKHcRVn-gg@look.ca...
> I have a HP 1210 - All-in-one Printer installed on Windows XP Pro (USB
> Port). All indications are that the communications are working fine
between
> the computer and printer, I can even run the calibration. However when I
> try to print the test page, or anything else, the printer icon appears in
> the task bar for a short time and then disappears without printing
anything.
> It also appears in the Document Print List and then disappears without
> printing anything.
>
> I have tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the printer and
> computer.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sure sounds like a driver issue to me. I'd try starting in safe mode.
Before you do anything drastic like reinstalling windows try a new USB cable