Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Avoid ZipZoomFly

Last response: in Systems
Share
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 24, 2004 11:42:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
dishonest operation.

The specifics:

On Friday 8/20, I order an MSI K8N Neo2, an AMD Athlon64 3500+, and a
WD 71 GB Raptor hard disk. All item showed as available. When
ordered, the order was accepted.

Even though they were promising free two day shipping, which I
accepted (after explicitly changing the selection in the from from
next day to two day), the on-line invoice showed that I picked next
day air, with a substantial shipping charge. It took a phone call,
email, and three days (over a weekend) to straighten this out.

At that point everthing looked good. Check the status this morning,
everything showed as shipped. Then, tonight I check my email. NOW
the tell me the CPU is on back order. They couldn't have figured the
out a few days ago and given me the chance to cancel the order?

Oh, and they are strictly a 9-5 M-F operation. If you need customer
support outside of business hours, your SOL. No toll free customer
service # either.

On contrast. The other major part of my order (DVD/CD drives,
software, accessories) went to Newegg. They shipped out Saturday.
With ZZF nothing happened over the weekend.

Also, as far as customer service, I returned a power supply recently
to Tiger Direct. I got the RMA from a live person at 1AM.

ZZF is amateurish and sleazy.

More about : avoid zipzoomfly

August 25, 2004 5:08:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Well all I'll say is, I've ordered alot there and never had one single
issue.

==============
Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 25, 2004 7:43:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) said:

> I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> dishonest operation.

So you believe they intentionally tried to steal money from you by
changing your shipping selection? What evidence do you have to support
that claim? Do you suppose it's possible that you accidently selected next
day service and didn't realize it?

They might have less than stellar service and they might be closed on the
weekends, but that is a long way from 'dishonest'. Apparently you are not
the only person to have parts on backorder, there are several comments
below yours on resellerratings.com with the same complaint.
--
Mac Cool
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 25, 2004 10:09:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

"Tool" <dragonarcher@adelphia-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:412c1edc$1_1@news.athenanews.com...
> Well all I'll say is, I've ordered alot there and never had one single
> issue.
>
> ==============
Neither have most others. http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1991.html
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 25, 2004 11:23:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

See below:


Mac Cool <Mac@2cool.com> wrote in message news:<Xns954FF17198D95MacCool@24.25.9.43>...
> mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) said:
>
> > I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> > dishonest operation.
>
> So you believe they intentionally tried to steal money from you by
> changing your shipping selection? What evidence do you have to support
> that claim? Do you suppose it's possible that you accidently selected next
> day service and didn't realize it?

It's possible, but not probable. When I entered the order, I saw the
pick box for shipping method. Next day was autoselected, and I
distinctly remember changing it to 2 day. Now, it is possible that I
fat fingered it. But, if you notice the 'mistake' turned out to be in
their favor.


> They might have less than stellar service and they might be closed on the
> weekends, but that is a long way from 'dishonest'. Apparently you are not
> the only person to have parts on backorder, there are several comments
> below yours on resellerratings.com with the same complaint.


Yes, and I was stupid for placing an order with them without checking
RR first. But my issues are:

- The should know how many they have in stock and how many they need
for outstanding orders. If they don't have enough to fill their
orders, they should stop taking new orders for that piece of
merchandise (or at least indicate that the item is on backorder when
the order is placed).

- It should not take them five days to notify me that they don't have
the item, when that status is showing that everything is hunky dory
for that whole period. Actually, after I got the email notifying me
that the item was on backorder, I rechecked the status on the item.
It still showed as shipped.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 26, 2004 3:11:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

"MikeW" <mwolffs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:32b9ecdf.0408241842.16f2f886@posting.google.com...
> I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
> I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> dishonest operation.
>
> The specifics:
>
> On Friday 8/20, I order an MSI K8N Neo2, an AMD Athlon64 3500+, and a
> WD 71 GB Raptor hard disk. All item showed as available. When
> ordered, the order was accepted.
>
> Even though they were promising free two day shipping, which I
> accepted (after explicitly changing the selection in the from from
> next day to two day), the on-line invoice showed that I picked next
> day air, with a substantial shipping charge. It took a phone call,
> email, and three days (over a weekend) to straighten this out.
>
> At that point everthing looked good. Check the status this morning,
> everything showed as shipped. Then, tonight I check my email. NOW
> the tell me the CPU is on back order. They couldn't have figured the
> out a few days ago and given me the chance to cancel the order?
>
> Oh, and they are strictly a 9-5 M-F operation. If you need customer
> support outside of business hours, your SOL. No toll free customer
> service # either.
>
> On contrast. The other major part of my order (DVD/CD drives,
> software, accessories) went to Newegg. They shipped out Saturday.
> With ZZF nothing happened over the weekend.
>
> Also, as far as customer service, I returned a power supply recently
> to Tiger Direct. I got the RMA from a live person at 1AM.
>
> ZZF is amateurish and sleazy.
Just about all the components for my recently build PC were purchased from
ZZF and I didn't have any problems at all. When you switched your shipping
method choices form NDA to SDA to you check the final total to see if the
change went through. When you stated that the online invoice showed NDA
this tells me that the change you made didn't go through. Mind you, I not
saying you necessary did anything wrong but still it is the purchaser's
resposponsibility to make sure that whatever changes they make to their
transactions have been accepted.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 26, 2004 7:08:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) said:

>> They might have less than stellar service and they might be closed
>> on the weekends, but that is a long way from 'dishonest'. Apparently
>> you are not the only person to have parts on backorder, there are
>> several comments below yours on resellerratings.com with the same
>> complaint.
>
>
> Yes, and I was stupid for placing an order with them without checking
> RR first. But my issues are:

Overall, their resellerrating is pretty good. I've bought from them once,
a hard drive, which they warranty for 30 days, I swear to god it went bad
on the 31st day, lol. No problem, I RMA'd it through WD and they had me a
new drive 2 days later.

--
Mac Cool
August 26, 2004 8:11:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

MikeW wrote:
> I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
> I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> dishonest operation.
>
> The specifics:
>
> On Friday 8/20, I order an MSI K8N Neo2, an AMD Athlon64 3500+, and a
> WD 71 GB Raptor hard disk. All item showed as available. When
> ordered, the order was accepted.
>
> Even though they were promising free two day shipping, which I
> accepted (after explicitly changing the selection in the from from
> next day to two day), the on-line invoice showed that I picked next
> day air, with a substantial shipping charge. It took a phone call,
> email, and three days (over a weekend) to straighten this out.
>
> At that point everthing looked good. Check the status this morning,
> everything showed as shipped. Then, tonight I check my email. NOW
> the tell me the CPU is on back order. They couldn't have figured the
> out a few days ago and given me the chance to cancel the order?
>
> Oh, and they are strictly a 9-5 M-F operation. If you need customer
> support outside of business hours, your SOL. No toll free customer
> service # either.
>
> On contrast. The other major part of my order (DVD/CD drives,
> software, accessories) went to Newegg. They shipped out Saturday.
> With ZZF nothing happened over the weekend.
>
> Also, as far as customer service, I returned a power supply recently
> to Tiger Direct. I got the RMA from a live person at 1AM.
>
> ZZF is amateurish and sleazy.

I have ordered from ZipZoomFly without any problems.

jimbo
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 26, 2004 11:52:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

"ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<Y09Xc.92048$TI1.91223@attbi_s52>...
> "MikeW" <mwolffs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:32b9ecdf.0408241842.16f2f886@posting.google.com...
> > I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
> > I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> > dishonest operation.
> >
> > The specifics:
> >
> > On Friday 8/20, I order an MSI K8N Neo2, an AMD Athlon64 3500+, and a
> > WD 71 GB Raptor hard disk. All item showed as available. When
> > ordered, the order was accepted.
> >
> > Even though they were promising free two day shipping, which I
> > accepted (after explicitly changing the selection in the from from
> > next day to two day), the on-line invoice showed that I picked next
> > day air, with a substantial shipping charge. It took a phone call,
> > email, and three days (over a weekend) to straighten this out.
> >
> > At that point everthing looked good. Check the status this morning,
> > everything showed as shipped. Then, tonight I check my email. NOW
> > the tell me the CPU is on back order. They couldn't have figured the
> > out a few days ago and given me the chance to cancel the order?
> >
> > Oh, and they are strictly a 9-5 M-F operation. If you need customer
> > support outside of business hours, your SOL. No toll free customer
> > service # either.
> >
> > On contrast. The other major part of my order (DVD/CD drives,
> > software, accessories) went to Newegg. They shipped out Saturday.
> > With ZZF nothing happened over the weekend.
> >
> > Also, as far as customer service, I returned a power supply recently
> > to Tiger Direct. I got the RMA from a live person at 1AM.
> >
> > ZZF is amateurish and sleazy.
> Just about all the components for my recently build PC were purchased from
> ZZF and I didn't have any problems at all. When you switched your shipping
> method choices form NDA to SDA to you check the final total to see if the
> change went through. When you stated that the online invoice showed NDA
> this tells me that the change you made didn't go through. Mind you, I not
> saying you necessary did anything wrong but still it is the purchaser's
> resposponsibility to make sure that whatever changes they make to their
> transactions have been accepted.

Literally, the next thing I did after placing the order was to check
the order, that's when I found the shipping error (within 2 minutes of
placing order). However, their website seems to have no way to edit
an order, so I had to call and email. The fix wasn't in place until
they the following week.

But my bigger issue was the very poor way they handled the backorder
situation on the CPU. They obviously oversold their supply and kept
taking orders. And since then they been unexcusibly unresponsive.
I've called, left messages, sent email, and gotten nothing back over
several days. The rest of the order (actually orders, some from other
resellers) is in, I now have a entire PC in parts, except for the CPU.
If they had been upfront about the CPU suppy when I placed the order,
I could have made other arrangements. But as it is, now I'm stuck.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 27, 2004 11:50:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Some new info. Someone from ZZF called me. They have no idea when
they're gettin more 3500+s.

I'm now looking for another vendor, and once I find them, I will
cancel the ZZF order.

mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) wrote in message news:<32b9ecdf.0408261852.6c0e5ac8@posting.google.com>...
> "ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<Y09Xc.92048$TI1.91223@attbi_s52>...
> > "MikeW" <mwolffs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:32b9ecdf.0408241842.16f2f886@posting.google.com...
> > > I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
> > > I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> > > dishonest operation.
> > >
> > > The specifics:
> > >
> > > On Friday 8/20, I order an MSI K8N Neo2, an AMD Athlon64 3500+, and a
> > > WD 71 GB Raptor hard disk. All item showed as available. When
> > > ordered, the order was accepted.
> > >
> > > Even though they were promising free two day shipping, which I
> > > accepted (after explicitly changing the selection in the from from
> > > next day to two day), the on-line invoice showed that I picked next
> > > day air, with a substantial shipping charge. It took a phone call,
> > > email, and three days (over a weekend) to straighten this out.
> > >
> > > At that point everthing looked good. Check the status this morning,
> > > everything showed as shipped. Then, tonight I check my email. NOW
> > > the tell me the CPU is on back order. They couldn't have figured the
> > > out a few days ago and given me the chance to cancel the order?
> > >
> > > Oh, and they are strictly a 9-5 M-F operation. If you need customer
> > > support outside of business hours, your SOL. No toll free customer
> > > service # either.
> > >
> > > On contrast. The other major part of my order (DVD/CD drives,
> > > software, accessories) went to Newegg. They shipped out Saturday.
> > > With ZZF nothing happened over the weekend.
> > >
> > > Also, as far as customer service, I returned a power supply recently
> > > to Tiger Direct. I got the RMA from a live person at 1AM.
> > >
> > > ZZF is amateurish and sleazy.
> > Just about all the components for my recently build PC were purchased from
> > ZZF and I didn't have any problems at all. When you switched your shipping
> > method choices form NDA to SDA to you check the final total to see if the
> > change went through. When you stated that the online invoice showed NDA
> > this tells me that the change you made didn't go through. Mind you, I not
> > saying you necessary did anything wrong but still it is the purchaser's
> > resposponsibility to make sure that whatever changes they make to their
> > transactions have been accepted.
>
> Literally, the next thing I did after placing the order was to check
> the order, that's when I found the shipping error (within 2 minutes of
> placing order). However, their website seems to have no way to edit
> an order, so I had to call and email. The fix wasn't in place until
> they the following week.
>
> But my bigger issue was the very poor way they handled the backorder
> situation on the CPU. They obviously oversold their supply and kept
> taking orders. And since then they been unexcusibly unresponsive.
> I've called, left messages, sent email, and gotten nothing back over
> several days. The rest of the order (actually orders, some from other
> resellers) is in, I now have a entire PC in parts, except for the CPU.
> If they had been upfront about the CPU suppy when I placed the order,
> I could have made other arrangements. But as it is, now I'm stuck.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 30, 2004 5:58:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I've ordered dozens of items from Zip, and experienced absolutely NO
PROBLEMS.

Why did you change their delivery method? They offer FREE second day
shipping, and that's exactly the what you get - SECOND DAY for FREE.

Their prices usually always beat Newegg, and if they don't their free
shipping will put you ahead.

Your accusation that Zip is amateurish is clearly an indication of
your own ignorance. Why leave a negative posting about an honest
reputable company after one slightly unpleasant experience, which
sounds like it was your lack of online savvy that caused the problem.

People like you give bad reputations to good businesses.


mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) wrote in message news:<32b9ecdf.0408241842.16f2f886@posting.google.com>...
> I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
> I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> dishonest operation.
>
> The specifics:
>
> On Friday 8/20, I order an MSI K8N Neo2, an AMD Athlon64 3500+, and a
> WD 71 GB Raptor hard disk. All item showed as available. When
> ordered, the order was accepted.
>
> Even though they were promising free two day shipping, which I
> accepted (after explicitly changing the selection in the from from
> next day to two day), the on-line invoice showed that I picked next
> day air, with a substantial shipping charge. It took a phone call,
> email, and three days (over a weekend) to straighten this out.
>
> At that point everthing looked good. Check the status this morning,
> everything showed as shipped. Then, tonight I check my email. NOW
> the tell me the CPU is on back order. They couldn't have figured the
> out a few days ago and given me the chance to cancel the order?
>
> Oh, and they are strictly a 9-5 M-F operation. If you need customer
> support outside of business hours, your SOL. No toll free customer
> service # either.
>
> On contrast. The other major part of my order (DVD/CD drives,
> software, accessories) went to Newegg. They shipped out Saturday.
> With ZZF nothing happened over the weekend.
>
> Also, as far as customer service, I returned a power supply recently
> to Tiger Direct. I got the RMA from a live person at 1AM.
>
> ZZF is amateurish and sleazy.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 3, 2004 2:28:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

You missed the main point. They were showing something as available,
that either they knew wasn't in stock, or at least didn't know if it
was. I relied on their information, and made decisions based on that
information. The shipping issue was secondary, but annoying.

Another big point is when the do screw something up, it's very slow
and inconvenient to fix. I've dealt with several other on line
vendors now (Newegg, Tiger, Mwave, Amazon (if you count them), etc.).
ZZF was, in my experience, undoubtedly the worst.

postavenge@hotmail.com (Capt America) wrote in message news:<518e9f73.0408301258.3776c6e6@posting.google.com>...
> I've ordered dozens of items from Zip, and experienced absolutely NO
> PROBLEMS.
>
> Why did you change their delivery method? They offer FREE second day
> shipping, and that's exactly the what you get - SECOND DAY for FREE.
>
> Their prices usually always beat Newegg, and if they don't their free
> shipping will put you ahead.
>
> Your accusation that Zip is amateurish is clearly an indication of
> your own ignorance. Why leave a negative posting about an honest
> reputable company after one slightly unpleasant experience, which
> sounds like it was your lack of online savvy that caused the problem.
>
> People like you give bad reputations to good businesses.
>
>
> mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) wrote in message news:<32b9ecdf.0408241842.16f2f886@posting.google.com>...
> > I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
> > I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> > dishonest operation.
> >
> > The specifics:
> >
> > On Friday 8/20, I order an MSI K8N Neo2, an AMD Athlon64 3500+, and a
> > WD 71 GB Raptor hard disk. All item showed as available. When
> > ordered, the order was accepted.
> >
> > Even though they were promising free two day shipping, which I
> > accepted (after explicitly changing the selection in the from from
> > next day to two day), the on-line invoice showed that I picked next
> > day air, with a substantial shipping charge. It took a phone call,
> > email, and three days (over a weekend) to straighten this out.
> >
> > At that point everthing looked good. Check the status this morning,
> > everything showed as shipped. Then, tonight I check my email. NOW
> > the tell me the CPU is on back order. They couldn't have figured the
> > out a few days ago and given me the chance to cancel the order?
> >
> > Oh, and they are strictly a 9-5 M-F operation. If you need customer
> > support outside of business hours, your SOL. No toll free customer
> > service # either.
> >
> > On contrast. The other major part of my order (DVD/CD drives,
> > software, accessories) went to Newegg. They shipped out Saturday.
> > With ZZF nothing happened over the weekend.
> >
> > Also, as far as customer service, I returned a power supply recently
> > to Tiger Direct. I got the RMA from a live person at 1AM.
> >
> > ZZF is amateurish and sleazy.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 23, 2004 6:42:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

On 24 Aug 2004 19:42:10 -0700, mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) wrote:

>I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
>I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
>dishonest operation.

Could they have come up with a dumber name? I wouldn't buy from them
just because the have a stuoid name.
September 24, 2004 9:23:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Stupid name aside, I must sympathize with the poor fellow on his awful
experience with ZZF's customer service. They do have a very harsh
Return Policy, especially relating to DOA's, and have somewhat of a
reputation for customer service weaknesses. I recently wrote reviews
for ZZF that are glowing, and until I have to deal with their customer
service will continue to do so. Nevertheless, we must not invalidate
this individuals experience because all of ours have gone well. Until
you have to deal with their customer service, and ordering policies in
regards to out of stock items, do not bash on this poster. He is
merely giving his story, and their are others like it to back it up.
If you read ZZF's own return policy you will realize that you are kind
of gambling when ordering with them. Their prices are low enough to
warrent the gamle for now (for me anyway).

Best o luck Mike, and B.R. I hope you realize that most of this post
is aimed at previous posts and not just yours. I agree, the name is
pretty lame.

B.R. Smith <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<6j65l0d585j5cuor3qgbu3mrode6dpavq3@4ax.com>...
> On 24 Aug 2004 19:42:10 -0700, mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) wrote:
>
> >I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
> >I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish, and
> >dishonest operation.
>
> Could they have come up with a dumber name? I wouldn't buy from them
> just because the have a stuoid name.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 26, 2004 10:39:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

In news:6j65l0d585j5cuor3qgbu3mrode6dpavq3@4ax.com,
B.R. Smith <me@privacy.net> typed:
> On 24 Aug 2004 19:42:10 -0700, mwolffs@yahoo.com (MikeW) wrote:
>
>> I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
>> I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish,
>> and dishonest operation.

I ordered from them on several occasions and really think they do 'zip &
zoom' the products to you with FedEx, and it's generally free 2nd day air.
Haven't had to return anything, but well satisfied with them overall.

....Allen
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 27, 2004 1:33:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Allen L. wrote:

>>>I recently placed a order with ZipZoomFly. I will likely be my last.
>>>I've come to the conclusion that they are just a lousy, amaturish,
>>>and dishonest operation.
>
>
> I ordered from them on several occasions and really think they do 'zip &
> zoom' the products to you with FedEx, and it's generally free 2nd day air.
> Haven't had to return anything, but well satisfied with them overall.

My experiences are similar. In fact, they are my 1st choice to get
something from. I turned my brother and friends on to them, as well, and
they get the majority of their stuff from them, too. I highly recommend
ZipZoomFly.com.
!