Bluetooth GPRS + VPN not work at iPAQ H4150? (WM2003)

August 13, 2004 9:45:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

Dear all,

I got problem using GPRS + VPN I setup at the 'Work' network.
When the network connects the GPRS modem connection did dial, but the VPN
does not!

Is in WM2003 only can either use a modem or VPN connection but not both??
Or maybe I've missed some settings?

This is the config:
- iPAQ H4150, PocketPC 2003 with HP's ROM update 1.10
- Bluetooth GPRS via Ericsson T39mc
- L2TP VPN at our server, but I checked the log it didn't connect

Thanks!
Vincent
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 9:45:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

You need to setup your gprs connection to use the "internet"(the one that
says Internet should connect using) profile then setup your vpn in the
"work"(Programs that automatically connect to a private network should
connect using) profile. You should then be able to initiate a vpn
connection by either tapping on the arrows at the top of the today screen
and selecting the vpn connection, opening pocket ie, file explore or windows
media player and connect to something by using the name of the server you
wish to connect to. The name must be in netbios form not dns or the "smart
:/ " connection manager will think you want the internet and only connect you
to that.

rights...

"Vincent W.S. Tam" <tamws@NoSpam.hkstar.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I got problem using GPRS + VPN I setup at the 'Work' network.
> When the network connects the GPRS modem connection did dial, but the VPN
> does not!
>
> Is in WM2003 only can either use a modem or VPN connection but not both??
> Or maybe I've missed some settings?
>
> This is the config:
> - iPAQ H4150, PocketPC 2003 with HP's ROM update 1.10
> - Bluetooth GPRS via Ericsson T39mc
> - L2TP VPN at our server, but I checked the log it didn't connect
>

> Thanks!
> Vincent

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:05:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

Also, have in mind that some operators block ports on GPRS. For example
Vodafone by default use NAT addresses, and offers a special APN hat has a
full IP address with no blocked ports. Other operators charge you more if
you want access to this APN. Check with them.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:u7th90VgEHA.3024@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!