FIC K8-800T motherboard fried or just shorting out ?

First time motherboard upgrader problem: I thought I had installed my FIC
K8-800T correctly but it would not boot up at all, despite removing all
unnecessary components and reinstalling all the cables. There is no
visible damage to any of the capacitors, etc. on the board. How do I tell
if the board is fried or just defective, if it won't work at all ? Thanks
for your time.
Steve

"steve h." <ugandasteve2470@ugandayahoo.com> wrote in message
> First time motherboard upgrader problem: I thought I had installed my FIC
> K8-800T correctly but it would not boot up at all, despite removing all
> unnecessary components and reinstalling all the cables. There is no
> visible damage to any of the capacitors, etc. on the board. How do I tell
> if the board is fried or just defective, if it won't work at all ? Thanks
> for your time.
> Steve

Are ALL the power cables connected? Is the CPU seated firmly? Is the HSF
for the CPU plugged in? Are all the jumpers set correctly? Just finished
installing an iwill board that wouldn't boot. Someone else said no jumpers
were necessary, but I found out otherwise. Is there at least one hard drive
plugged into a hard drive power cable? -Dave