Cannot log on to wireless router

I have a Microsoft wireless router that I use at home with 2 laptops fine. I
am trying to connect a wireless PDA to the network, but as I cannot logon to
the router to view the WEP code, I cannot enter these into the PDA client.

Please some remind me how to logon to the router.

lem

And you threw out the manual?

Each manufacturer's product is slightly different, but if you have a MicroSoft
MN-700 wireless G Base Station, then use your web browser to access the router's
configuration pages at 192.168.2.1 default p/w admin. Other routers use other
IP addresses and administrator passwords. RTFM.

djb369 wrote:

> I have a Microsoft wireless router that I use at home with 2 laptops fine. I
> am trying to connect a wireless PDA to the network, but as I cannot logon to
> the router to view the WEP code, I cannot enter these into the PDA client.
>
> Please some remind me how to logon to the router.

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

If he has it set up with wireless security, doesn't he need a hardwire to
access it?

Clark

"Lem" <lemp40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> And you threw out the manual?
>
> Each manufacturer's product is slightly different, but if you have a
> MicroSoft
> MN-700 wireless G Base Station, then use your web browser to access the
> router's
> configuration pages at 192.168.2.1 default p/w admin. Other routers use
> other
> IP addresses and administrator passwords. RTFM.
>
> djb369 wrote:
>
>> I have a Microsoft wireless router that I use at home with 2 laptops
>> fine. I
>> am trying to connect a wireless PDA to the network, but as I cannot logon
>> the router to view the WEP code, I cannot enter these into the PDA
>> client.
>>
>> Please some remind me how to logon to the router.

Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately the browser cannot find 192.168.2.1

I also tried to ping this with no succuss. Any other thoughts? Is there a
ping sweep utility or command that would respond with the addresses of any
devices on my network?

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:16:07 -0700, djb369 wrote:

> Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately the browser cannot find 192.168.2.1
>
> I also tried to ping this with no succuss. Any other thoughts? Is there a
> ping sweep utility or command that would respond with the addresses of any
> devices on my network?
>
> "Clark" wrote:

Go on line and read the manual for your router. Or,do a reset to factory
default conditions, then go online to read the manual for that router.

Fitz

What is the name and model of your router? We need to know so someone can
tell you what IP address to type in your browser.