Santa Cruz v NForce2

Nutty

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Is a Santa Cruz Sound Card any better then a NForce2 onboard Sound ?
Thanks for any views..

Nutty......

Nutty wrote:

> Is a Santa Cruz Sound Card any better then a NForce2 onboard Sound ?
> Thanks for any views..
>
> Nutty......

Any response is a matter of opinion...here's mine:

I have the Santa Cruz card in two machines. One was placed by a custom
builder in response to my price point requirement, and the second was my
own choice for a self=built machine based on its excellent performance.

IMO, it's one of the most underated cards available for a superb price
(and it's a realiable companion to some high end 5.1 speakers). I know
that there is a school that thinks the ob sound of some higher end mobos
is equal or better to many stand alone sound cards, but I'm not yet
convinced.

I don't think you'll have any complaints about the Santa Cruz...

In article <OFYXc.85$zO4.31@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, Nutty says...
> Is a Santa Cruz Sound Card any better then a NForce2 onboard Sound ?
> Thanks for any views..

IMO yes but its down to the ears of the user.

NForce 2 Soundstorm is OK but be aware that some NForce 2 chipset
motherboards use Realtek onboard sound which frankly is shite.

BUT I've found that in games where there's alot going on soundwise that
framerates drop using onboards sound.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.

In article <OFYXc.85$zO4.31@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, "Nutty" <Nutz@Nutz.com> wrote:
>Is a Santa Cruz Sound Card any better then a NForce2 onboard Sound ?
>Thanks for any views..
>
>Nutty......

I personally like the Santa Cruz Cards
Great Sound Quality and unobtrusive drivers.

NForce2 is pretty good for onboard sound but
is not as good as a high quality sound card.

That being said I have had problems getting
santa cruz cards working with ACPI enabled
in some motherboards bios.

:) Greg B.