SDRAM problem with intel 815EEA mothermoard

Hi everyone!

I got a problem installing my new stick of 256 MB SDRAM 133 mHz. When
I boot, the BIOS loads and after the logo and BIOS messages, the
computer frooze and the floppy drive light still open. When I remove
my new stick of RAM, everything work perfectly.
Is it possible that 256 mb of ram is a too big amount of memory for
this motherboard? I already have 128 in my system.
I don't know what to do... I updated the BIOS but nothing changed...
Thanks in advance!

marcolive

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Marc-Olivier Murray wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I got a problem installing my new stick of 256 MB SDRAM 133 mHz. When
> I boot, the BIOS loads and after the logo and BIOS messages, the
> computer frooze and the floppy drive light still open. When I remove
> my new stick of RAM, everything work perfectly.
> Is it possible that 256 mb of ram is a too big amount of memory for
> this motherboard? I already have 128 in my system.
> I don't know what to do... I updated the BIOS but nothing changed...
> Thanks in advance!
>
> marcolive

What does the motherboard manual say about installing Ram ?
What types in what slots and so on...

The 815 chipset supports 256mb if it's the correct type.

Tanks for your answer...

I read all the motherboard doc and I have the right type of RAM.
Today, the system booted when I changed the order of sticks in the
slots.... but all the memory was corrupted!! I don't understand the
problem... it's very weird.

")-()-(" <email@address.com> wrote in message news:<4130FD79.E120BC57@address.com>...
> Marc-Olivier Murray wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I got a problem installing my new stick of 256 MB SDRAM 133 mHz. When
> > I boot, the BIOS loads and after the logo and BIOS messages, the
> > computer frooze and the floppy drive light still open. When I remove
> > my new stick of RAM, everything work perfectly.
> > Is it possible that 256 mb of ram is a too big amount of memory for
> > this motherboard? I already have 128 in my system.
> > I don't know what to do... I updated the BIOS but nothing changed...
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > marcolive
>
> What does the motherboard manual say about installing Ram ?
> What types in what slots and so on...
>
> The 815 chipset supports 256mb if it's the correct type.

BudMan

Bad memory stick. It happens sometimes.