Partition help

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 29, 2004 8:41:19 PM

Does anyone know of a way to resize a partition short of purchasing
Partition Magic or any 3rd party utilities? I recently removed linux
because I want to install it on a separate drive and now I'm trying to
resize my C: drive.

Thanks

More about : partition

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 29, 2004 8:41:20 PM

Jerry wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to resize a partition short of purchasing
> Partition Magic or any 3rd party utilities? I recently removed linux
> because I want to install it on a separate drive and now I'm trying to
> resize my C: drive.

This program is free:
http://www.zeleps.com/

As always, backup your data before attempting such an operation.

-WD
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 29, 2004 8:41:20 PM

"Jerry" <king.of.the.hill@superior.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a way to resize a partition short of purchasing
> Partition Magic or any 3rd party utilities? I recently removed linux
> because I want to install it on a separate drive and now I'm trying to
> resize my C: drive.
>
> Thanks

fips is a free utility that ships with many linux distros

I recently bought Acronis True Image (GREAT program, BTW). Before I bought
it, I downloaded a trial. I wasn't paying too much attention to the terms
of the trial as I'd already decided to buy it anyway. But I believe the
program was fully functional for about 14 days. You can easily resize a
partition with that. It will create a rescue boot disk on CDR (if you have
a CD burner) that will boot to a linux version of the program which works
just like the windows program. -Dave
August 30, 2004 9:03:01 AM

Thanks for the replies ... I went with Partition Commander. Worked
great.

!