Partition help

Does anyone know of a way to resize a partition short of purchasing
Partition Magic or any 3rd party utilities? I recently removed linux
because I want to install it on a separate drive and now I'm trying to
resize my C: drive.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about partition help

    Jerry wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a way to resize a partition short of purchasing
    > Partition Magic or any 3rd party utilities? I recently removed linux
    > because I want to install it on a separate drive and now I'm trying to
    > resize my C: drive.

    This program is free:
    http://www.zeleps.com/

    As always, backup your data before attempting such an operation.

    -WD

    "Jerry" <king.of.the.hill@superior.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a way to resize a partition short of purchasing
    > Partition Magic or any 3rd party utilities? I recently removed linux
    > because I want to install it on a separate drive and now I'm trying to
    > resize my C: drive.
    >
    > Thanks

    fips is a free utility that ships with many linux distros

    I recently bought Acronis True Image (GREAT program, BTW). Before I bought
    it, I downloaded a trial. I wasn't paying too much attention to the terms
    of the trial as I'd already decided to buy it anyway. But I believe the
    program was fully functional for about 14 days. You can easily resize a
    partition with that. It will create a rescue boot disk on CDR (if you have
    a CD burner) that will boot to a linux version of the program which works
    just like the windows program. -Dave

    Thanks for the replies ... I went with Partition Commander. Worked
    great.

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:27:57 -0400, "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:

    >I recently bought Acronis True Image (GREAT program, BTW). Before I bought
    >it, I downloaded a trial. I wasn't paying too much attention to the terms
    >of the trial as I'd already decided to buy it anyway. But I believe the
    >program was fully functional for about 14 days. You can easily resize a
    >partition with that. It will create a rescue boot disk on CDR (if you have
    >a CD burner) that will boot to a linux version of the program which works
    >just like the windows program. -Dave

Homebuilt Hardware Partition Partition Magic Systems