My computer ain't starting

Hello Group!

Last night while I was working... All of a sudden my computer turned
itself off. After that I couldn't turn it on.

Normally when I turn on the power switch the power light on the CPU
turns on for a second and then turns off. After that I press the
power button then the computer starts.

But after last night. Nothing is happening. The power button is not
working... Nothing is happening after I press that, just the power
indicator of the mother blinks. I opened my computer and I see a
green light on my main-board. None of the fans ain't working.

I'm suspecting the problem could be with the power supply. Or is it
problem with other stufs like Processor and all?

My computer is Pentium 4 1.7 GHz, Intel mainboard.

TIA
Munim.VIP

==============
More about computer starting

    So, does it start when it's cold? If not substitute another PS. If it does
    start cold suspect an overheating CPU and replace the HSF (heat sink fan).

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    "munim" <munim_online@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hello Group!
    >
    > Last night while I was working... All of a sudden my computer turned
    > itself off. After that I couldn't turn it on.
    >
    > Normally when I turn on the power switch the power light on the CPU
    > turns on for a second and then turns off. After that I press the
    > power button then the computer starts.
    >
    > But after last night. Nothing is happening. The power button is not
    > working... Nothing is happening after I press that, just the power
    > indicator of the mother blinks. I opened my computer and I see a
    > green light on my main-board. None of the fans ain't working.
    >
    > I'm suspecting the problem could be with the power supply. Or is it
    > problem with other stufs like Processor and all?
    >
    > My computer is Pentium 4 1.7 GHz, Intel mainboard.
    >
    > TIA
    > Munim.VIP
    >
    > ==============
    > troubleshooting newsgroups.

    It does not even run when the processor is cold.

    I guess my heat sink expired a long time ago. But I continued using my
    computer for a long time.

    What could be the affects?

    > Jan Alterwrote:
    So, does it start when it's cold? If not substitute another PS. If it
    does
    > start cold suspect an overheating CPU and replace the HSF (heat sink
    fan).

    > --
    > Jan Alter
    > bearpuf@verizon.net
    > or
    > jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
    > "munim" <munim_online@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message
    > Hello Group!
    >
    > Last night while I was working... All of a sudden my computer
    turned
    > itself off. After that I couldn't turn it on.
    >
    > Normally when I turn on the power switch the power light on the CPU
    > turns on for a second and then turns off. After that I press the
    > power button then the computer starts.
    >
    > But after last night. Nothing is happening. The power button is not
    > working... Nothing is happening after I press that, just the power
    > indicator of the mother blinks. I opened my computer and I see a
    > green light on my main-board. None of the fans ain't working.
    >
    > I'm suspecting the problem could be with the power supply. Or is it
    > problem with other stufs like Processor and all?
    >
    > My computer is Pentium 4 1.7 GHz, Intel mainboard.
    >
    > TIA
    > Munim.VIP
    >
    > ==============
    > Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to
    hardware
    > troubleshooting newsgroups.

    ==============

    I guess my heat sink expired a long time ago. But I continued using my
    > computer for a long time.

    the effects? depending on the CPU...are what your experiencing, dead
    machine,,,

    > It does not even run when the processor is cold.
    >

    > What could be the affects?
    >
    > > Jan Alterwrote:
    > So, does it start when it's cold? If not substitute another PS. If
    it
    > does
    > > start cold suspect an overheating CPU and replace the HSF (heat
    sink
    > fan).
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jan Alter
    > > bearpuf@verizon.net
    > > or
    > > jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
    > > "munim" <munim_online@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    > message
    > > Hello Group!
    > >
    > > Last night while I was working... All of a sudden my computer
    > turned
    > > itself off. After that I couldn't turn it on.
    > >
    > > Normally when I turn on the power switch the power light on the
    CPU
    > > turns on for a second and then turns off. After that I press the
    > > power button then the computer starts.
    > >
    > > But after last night. Nothing is happening. The power button is
    not
    > > working... Nothing is happening after I press that, just the power
    > > indicator of the mother blinks. I opened my computer and I see a
    > > green light on my main-board. None of the fans ain't working.
    > >
    > > I'm suspecting the problem could be with the power supply. Or is
    it
    > > problem with other stufs like Processor and all?
    > >
    > > My computer is Pentium 4 1.7 GHz, Intel mainboard.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > Munim.VIP

    > > Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to
    > hardware
    > > troubleshooting newsgroups.

    > Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to
    hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

Homebuilt Hardware Computer Power Systems