How do I make new graphics work?

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hi,

Having trouble getting the new graphics to appear in game. I have the newest
patch, all new graphics in a newgrf folder, but I cant make them appear in
game. For instance in the ship readme,
Variables to set in ttdpatch.cfg
You need to set following variables in your "ttdpatch.cfg" file:

a.. newships on - mandatory
b.. gradualloading on - a "must"! To see loading/unloading animation
How do I set these on? What do I write? Maybe someone can send me the
ttdpatch.cfg where all graphics are enabled?

Thanks in advance!

Oeyvind B. Lie
Norway

Op Fri, 21 May 2004 16:52:39 +0200 schreef Øyvind B. Lie:

> Hi,
>
> Having trouble getting the new graphics to appear in game. I have the newest
> patch, all new graphics in a newgrf folder, but I cant make them appear in
> game. For instance in the ship readme,
> Variables to set in ttdpatch.cfg
> You need to set following variables in your "ttdpatch.cfg" file:
>
> a.. newships on - mandatory
> b.. gradualloading on - a "must"! To see loading/unloading animation
> How do I set these on? What do I write? Maybe someone can send me the
> ttdpatch.cfg where all graphics are enabled?

Open the file ttdpatch.cfg in a text editor, e.g. Notepad. Then look for
the entries 'newships' and 'gradualloading'. The lines should read:
newships on
gradualloading on
It's as simple as that.
To turn an option off, simple change its line to:
option off

--
Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl

New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Have you also created the newgrfw.cfg file. Without this file you will not
see any of the new graphics even if you turn on all the variables in the
ttdpatch.cfg file.

Don

"Afoklala" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
> Op Fri, 21 May 2004 16:52:39 +0200 schreef Øyvind B. Lie:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Having trouble getting the new graphics to appear in game. I have the
newest
> > patch, all new graphics in a newgrf folder, but I cant make them appear
in
> > game. For instance in the ship readme,
> > Variables to set in ttdpatch.cfg
> > You need to set following variables in your "ttdpatch.cfg" file:
> >
> > a.. newships on - mandatory
> > b.. gradualloading on - a "must"! To see loading/unloading animation
> > How do I set these on? What do I write? Maybe someone can send me the
> > ttdpatch.cfg where all graphics are enabled?
>
> Open the file ttdpatch.cfg in a text editor, e.g. Notepad. Then look for
> the entries 'newships' and 'gradualloading'. The lines should read:
> newships on
> gradualloading on
> It's as simple as that.
> To turn an option off, simple change its line to:
> option off
>
> --
> Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
> jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl
>
> New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
> Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
> I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

TRENDING THREADS