? about HD setting in BIOS

BIOS does not recognize my HD. When I input the data for the Sector, Cylinder,
everything is okay, but the HD still displays `0MB`. Need help fast.

additional infor.
550 mHZ E-Machine (factory MB)
4gig HD
Windows XP OS

Installed Win XP, worked GREAT. Rebooted, now displays `No OS Present`.

jad

first of all, how did this come about?

If you don't enter the EXACT information as it was when you installed
XP, you have in fact installed a different drive. Are you saying that
the MB no longer 'auto' configures the drive?