Not enough voltage to CPu causes lockups ?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2004 2:56:10 PM

Not the whole system , just particular games or apllications ?

I just knocked my voltage up and it seems my stability has returned ?,
though it could be other things.

Just wondering as i would think it would lock the WHOLE system, or
crash the whole system if not enough voltage ?

Your thoughts.

Thanks.

HELLO NURSE.

More about : voltage cpu lockups

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2004 2:56:11 PM

Orbital Defence wrote:

> Not the whole system , just particular games or apllications ?

yes

> I just knocked my voltage up and it seems my stability has returned ?,
> though it could be other things.
>
> Just wondering as i would think it would lock the WHOLE system, or
> crash the whole system if not enough voltage ?

Can do that too.

Different applications, in particular games (full 3D and AGP usage), use
different parts of the system and some are more sensitive than others.

!