Not enough voltage to CPu causes lockups ?

Not the whole system , just particular games or apllications ?

I just knocked my voltage up and it seems my stability has returned ?,
though it could be other things.

Just wondering as i would think it would lock the WHOLE system, or
crash the whole system if not enough voltage ?

Your thoughts.

Thanks.

HELLO NURSE.
1 answer Last reply
More about voltage lockups

    Orbital Defence wrote:

    > Not the whole system , just particular games or apllications ?

    yes

    > I just knocked my voltage up and it seems my stability has returned ?,
    > though it could be other things.
    >
    > Just wondering as i would think it would lock the WHOLE system, or
    > crash the whole system if not enough voltage ?

    Can do that too.

    Different applications, in particular games (full 3D and AGP usage), use
    different parts of the system and some are more sensitive than others.

    > Your thoughts.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > HELLO NURSE.

Homebuilt Hardware CPUs Systems