ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X80..

ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?

I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
moment.

From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
don't matter :)

Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
read.

So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
in the upgrade life cycle.

Thanks.
HELLO NURSE.
2 answers Last reply
More about ati_nvidia price performace whats 6800

    In article <if5ij094hdvf0vb485ddf95khf9cd5j03j@4ax.com>, Orbital
    Defence says...
    > ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?
    >
    > I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
    > moment.
    >
    > From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
    > this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
    > 350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
    > don't matter :)
    >
    > Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
    > OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
    > read.
    >
    > So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
    > the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
    > in the upgrade life cycle.

    Either will provide you with adequate performance for current games.
    You're not going to make a mistake with any although IMO the current
    power requirements of the nVIDIA cards is mad.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Orbital Defence wrote:
    > ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?
    >
    > I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
    > moment.
    >
    > From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
    > this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
    > 350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
    > don't matter :)
    >
    > Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
    > OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
    > read.
    >
    > So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
    > the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
    > in the upgrade life cycle.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > HELLO NURSE.

    Either will do you fine, however, *IF* you plan on upgrading your
    motherboard in the next year or so, I would hold off on going top buck
    on one of these guys and get the 9800 Pro or x600. Simple reason is
    that you should be seeing native PCI-Express cards out there, not ones
    using bridge chips. And also you'll be able to use that spiffy SLI
    connector on the nVidia cards :)

    But if you want a go right now, either should do you good.

    --
    "All we had were our dreams, and that's all we needed to be free"

    *To reply, replace 'deadfishies' with 'bigfoot.'*

Homebuilt Nvidia Games ATI Systems