ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X80..

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
September 4, 2004 3:10:22 PM

ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?

I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
moment.

From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
don't matter :)

Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
read.

So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
in the upgrade life cycle.

Thanks.
HELLO NURSE.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 4, 2004 3:10:23 PM

In article <if5ij094hdvf0vb485ddf95khf9cd5j03j@4ax.com>, Orbital
Defence says...
> ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?
>
> I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
> moment.
>
> From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
> this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
> 350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
> don't matter :)
>
> Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
> OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
> read.
>
> So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
> the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
> in the upgrade life cycle.

Either will provide you with adequate performance for current games.
You're not going to make a mistake with any although IMO the current
power requirements of the nVIDIA cards is mad.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 5, 2004 4:00:31 AM

Orbital Defence wrote:
> ATI_NVIDIA price vs Performace whats better 6800 GT or X800 Pro ?
>
> I allways bought my cards this way, thats why i have a 9600 Pro at the
> moment.
>
> From what i read the 6800GT is a more powerfull card and cheaper is
> this correct, though you may have to buy a bigger PSU, me only got a
> 350 Watt at the moment but upgrading to a Silent 400 Watt soon, so it
> don't matter :)
>
> Also the 6800GT seems to a great performer in DirectX games as well as
> OpenGl games well Not sure about DirectX games but so far from whative
> read.
>
> So anyone help me out, i realy would like to upgrade, going to give
> the 9800 Pro a MISS and try for somthing that will last me alot longer
> in the upgrade life cycle.
>
> Thanks.
> HELLO NURSE.

Either will do you fine, however, *IF* you plan on upgrading your
motherboard in the next year or so, I would hold off on going top buck
on one of these guys and get the 9800 Pro or x600. Simple reason is
that you should be seeing native PCI-Express cards out there, not ones
using bridge chips. And also you'll be able to use that spiffy SLI
connector on the nVidia cards :)

But if you want a go right now, either should do you good.

--
"All we had were our dreams, and that's all we needed to be free"

*To reply, replace 'deadfishies' with 'bigfoot.'*