CPU & case temperatures- How'm I doin'?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hi all.

I've just built my own system and am curious as to whether or not I've
got good temps. Here is my setup:

Intel Pentium 3.0 Ghz processor (no overclocking)
Intel standard heatsink/Arctic Silver Thermal grease
1 CPU fan/2 80mm case fans (back fan blowing out, front fan in)
ECS 848P-A motherboard
1 GB DDR memory
Maxtor 160 GB hdd
ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 video card

Here are my temps:

Ambient: 27 degrees C
Case: 40 C
CPU idle: 43 C
CPU running applications: 45
CPU under load: 55 (Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004)
HDD: 39

I've only been running the system for a few days, so the thermal
grease hasn't set yet. I read that I should get temps between 2 and 5
degrees cooler after 200 hours.

Any thoughts?
2 answers Last reply
More about case temperatures doin
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:43:57 GMT, Prince of Orange
    <nospam@all.com> wrote:

    >Any thoughts?

    That is fine.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Here's mine:
    P4 @ 3.0Ghz, 1 fan
    SuperAlien case, 6 fans
    CPU @ idle, 35deg C
    Northbridge @ idle 37deg C ( no fan on Northbridge)
    room temp ~ 70F

    wrote:

    >Hi all.
    >
    >I've just built my own system and am curious as to whether or not I've
    >got good temps. Here is my setup:
    >
    >Intel Pentium 3.0 Ghz processor (no overclocking)
    >Intel standard heatsink/Arctic Silver Thermal grease
    >1 CPU fan/2 80mm case fans (back fan blowing out, front fan in)
    >ECS 848P-A motherboard
    >1 GB DDR memory
    >Maxtor 160 GB hdd
    >ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 video card
    >
    >Here are my temps:
    >
    >Ambient: 27 degrees C
    >Case: 40 C
    >CPU idle: 43 C
    >CPU running applications: 45
    >CPU under load: 55 (Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004)
    >HDD: 39
    >
    >I've only been running the system for a few days, so the thermal
    >grease hasn't set yet. I read that I should get temps between 2 and 5
    >degrees cooler after 200 hours.
    >
    >Any thoughts?

Homebuilt Hardware Cases CPUs Systems