Disable wireless ?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a desktop hard wired to my wireless router. Can I somehow disable the
wireless aspect when not in use (use the desktop wired to router to cable
modem as is? In other words only when I need to use the laptop the wireless
is active? Did I ask that correctly? Not sure? OK, so put me in your dumb
questions Hall of fame, I deserve it!
thanks
Frank L

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

well, here is the dumb answer.... read the manual. each router is different
in how you set it up, and you didn't mention the model.

"Frank" <stratster68@IHATESPAMworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I have a desktop hard wired to my wireless router. Can I somehow disable
>the wireless aspect when not in use (use the desktop wired to router to
>cable modem as is? In other words only when I need to use the laptop the
>wireless is active? Did I ask that correctly? Not sure? OK, so put me in
>your dumb questions Hall of fame, I deserve it!
> thanks
> Frank L

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

OK, sorry, I thought it would be a generic question and answer.disable
wireless capability , but router ports still function. I'll check the
documentation I can find. didn't really see much in the box, I imagine
theirs a pdf on the cd. Oh, and That wasn't a dumb answer , thanks for
replying :)
frank l

"Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> well, here is the dumb answer.... read the manual. each router is
> different in how you set it up, and you didn't mention the model.
>
> "Frank" <stratster68@IHATESPAMworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>I have a desktop hard wired to my wireless router. Can I somehow disable
>>the wireless aspect when not in use (use the desktop wired to router to
>>cable modem as is? In other words only when I need to use the laptop the
>>wireless is active? Did I ask that correctly? Not sure? OK, so put me in
>>your dumb questions Hall of fame, I deserve it!
>> thanks
>> Frank L

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dave,
I can disable the wireless network and still use the desktop for internet
access. wrt54gs. Just thought I would report back , since you were kind
enough to reply
Frank L

> OK, sorry, I thought it would be a generic question and answer.disable
> wireless capability , but router ports still function. I'll check the
> documentation I can find. didn't really see much in the box, I imagine
> theirs a pdf on the cd. Oh, and That wasn't a dumb answer , thanks for
> replying :)
> frank l
>
> "Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> well, here is the dumb answer.... read the manual. each router is
>> different in how you set it up, and you didn't mention the model.
>>
>> "Frank" <stratster68@IHATESPAMworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a desktop hard wired to my wireless router. Can I somehow disable
>>>the wireless aspect when not in use (use the desktop wired to router to
>>>cable modem as is? In other words only when I need to use the laptop the
>>>wireless is active? Did I ask that correctly? Not sure? OK, so put me in
>>>your dumb questions Hall of fame, I deserve it!
>>> thanks
>>> Frank L

TRENDING THREADS