Drive does not read XP install disk

I built my computer the other day, and I tried to boot it up today.
Everything was detected, and the BIOS opened up. I put in the install
disk for windows XP, and the CD drive started to load it, but then
stopped. Nothing happened and the drive just sat there. I don't know
what to do! Please help me out!

==============

jad

Your boot sequence is set to 'boot from ATAPI /CD-ROM first?

"jaz800" <jaz800@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> I built my computer the other day, and I tried to boot it up today.
> Everything was detected, and the BIOS opened up. I put in the
install
> disk for windows XP, and the CD drive started to load it, but then
> stopped. Nothing happened and the drive just sat there. I don't know
> what to do! Please help me out!

> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to
hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

TRENDING THREADS