Can you remove partitions without destroying data?

I have two partitions on my 40gbyte HD. I'm running out of room on my prime
Windows OS partition. Is there any way to 'rejoin' the HD as a total volume
without destroying present files and data?

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 05:36:22 -0400, "tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>I have two partitions on my 40gbyte HD. I'm running out of room on my prime
>Windows OS partition. Is there any way to 'rejoin' the HD as a total volume
>without destroying present files and data?

Use partition magic

It was recently bought by Symantec
http://sea.symantec.com/content/product.cfm?productid=1

Here is the original download provided by the original authors
(Powerquest)
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/8/13-8-2.shtml

tooly wrote:
> I have two partitions on my 40gbyte HD. I'm running out of room on
> my prime Windows OS partition. Is there any way to 'rejoin' the HD
> as a total volume without destroying present files and data?

or boot it next generation from www.terabyteunlimited.com. free 30 day
trial, fits on a floppy, does imaging and boot management as well.
recommend you enlarge one partition, copy data across from smaller one, then
delete smaller one and enlarge the big one to fill the disk.

ric

Not safely.

--
DaveW