Cheapest Dual layered DVD you've seen

jad

PIONEER DVR-108D 16X X 16X DVD DUAL DOUBLE LAYER REWRITABLE DRIVE W/SW
(White box) Details (*While Supplies Last!) $93.00

MWAVE

UberSnout wrote:

> Anybody?

Pricewatch has multiple listings for the NEC2510, DVD+/-RW 8X Internal IDE
Double Layer, under 70 bucks.

"UberSnout" <spamaster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anybody?

As of yesterday, office max had a rebate going for a dual layer dvd burner,
$10 bucks after rebate. It wasn't a brand I recognized, but if you are
willing to go through the hassle of a rebate, ten bucks isn't a bad
rice. -Dave

"Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote in message

> "UberSnout" <spamaster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Anybody?
> >

> As of yesterday, office max had a rebate going for a dual layer dvd
burner,
> $10 bucks after rebate. It wasn't a brand I recognized, but if you are
> willing to go through the hassle of a rebate, ten bucks isn't a bad
> rice. -Dave

Hi, Dave. Thought you just HAD to be mistaken. Guess what! Final
price on an Office Max deal after rebates, good thru Sept.30--MadDog brand,
with 2 years' warranty--is $9. That's right, NINE DOLLARS. Congrats on
that heads-up discovery; although, personally, I'm gonna wait & get one with
a little faster performance. I think I'd like to have one for backup
purposes. s

Dave C. wrote:

> "UberSnout" <spamaster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Anybody?
>>

> As of yesterday, office max had a rebate going for a dual layer dvd burner,
> $10 bucks after rebate. It wasn't a brand I recognized, but if you are
> willing to go through the hassle of a rebate, ten bucks isn't a bad
> rice. -Dave

'Where' at Office Max? Cheapest thing I could find on their web site was a
single layer 4X DVD-R/-RW, single format, for $50.

"David Maynard" wrote:
> Dave C. wrote:
> >
> > As of yesterday, office max had a rebate going for a dual layer dvd burner,
> > $10 bucks after rebate. It wasn't a brand I recognized, but if you are
> > willing to go through the hassle of a rebate, ten bucks isn't a bad
> > rice. -Dave
> >

> 'Where' at Office Max? Cheapest thing I could find on their web site was a
> single layer 4X DVD-R/-RW, single format, for $50.

It's not dual layer, and it only does (-R/-RW) discs, but it's still the cheapest I've
seen a DVDR unit:

<"http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=no&prodB
lockOID=537257790">

Jon

> > As of yesterday, office max had a rebate going for a dual layer dvd
> burner,
> > $10 bucks after rebate. It wasn't a brand I recognized, but if you are
> > willing to go through the hassle of a rebate, ten bucks isn't a bad
> > rice. -Dave
> >

> Hi, Dave. Thought you just HAD to be mistaken. Guess what! Final
> price on an Office Max deal after rebates, good thru Sept.30--MadDog
brand,
> with 2 years' warranty--is $9. That's right, NINE DOLLARS. Congrats on
> that heads-up discovery; although, personally, I'm gonna wait & get one
with
> a little faster performance. I think I'd like to have one for backup
> purposes. s

I would have jumped on it. (how bad could it be for that price?) but the
beige would really clash. -Dave

Jon Danniken wrote:

> "David Maynard" wrote:
>
>>Dave C. wrote:
>>
>>>As of yesterday, office max had a rebate going for a dual layer dvd burner,
>>>$10 bucks after rebate. It wasn't a brand I recognized, but if you are
>>>willing to go through the hassle of a rebate, ten bucks isn't a bad
>>>rice. -Dave
>>>

>>'Where' at Office Max? Cheapest thing I could find on their web site was a
>>single layer 4X DVD-R/-RW, single format, for $50.
>

> It's not dual layer, and it only does (-R/-RW) discs, but it's still the cheapest I've
> seen a DVDR unit:
>
> <"http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=no&prodB
> lockOID=537257790">

Ok. Yeah, that's the one I saw but I didn't bother reading further when I
saw the "4X DVD-R/-RW," $49, and that it wasn't dual layer.

I see the rebates this time.

Interesting that Office Max doesn't show you the 'price after rebate' as
'the price'.

> > As of yesterday, office max had a rebate going for a dual layer dvd
burner,
> > $10 bucks after rebate. It wasn't a brand I recognized, but if you are
> > willing to go through the hassle of a rebate, ten bucks isn't a bad
> > rice. -Dave
> >

> 'Where' at Office Max? Cheapest thing I could find on their web site was a
> single layer 4X DVD-R/-RW, single format, for $50.

You didn't read far enough. That's the price after instant rebate and
before $40 mail in rebate. Go to the CDRW section and click weekly hot
offers and look for mad dog 6 in 1 or item number item # 20686205
(20686205) Oh, I think that is a single layer drive, though. -Dave

Dave C. wrote:

>>>As of yesterday, office max had a rebate going for a dual layer dvd
>
> burner,
>
>>>$10 bucks after rebate. It wasn't a brand I recognized, but if you are
>>>willing to go through the hassle of a rebate, ten bucks isn't a bad
>>>rice. -Dave
>>>

>>'Where' at Office Max? Cheapest thing I could find on their web site was a
>>single layer 4X DVD-R/-RW, single format, for $50.
>>

> You didn't read far enough. That's the price after instant rebate and
> before $40 mail in rebate. Go to the CDRW section and click weekly hot
> offers and look for mad dog 6 in 1 or item number item # 20686205
> (20686205) Oh, I think that is a single layer drive, though. -Dave

Yes, I didn't read on down when I saw it was single layer.

>> Anybody?
>>

>http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-152-021&depa=1

I got 2 of those from newegg when they were $77. DVD's burn great but
30X on a CD seems slow these days. My cheap I/O DVD burner does CD's
at 42X which I got used to(while it worked).

When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco

TRENDING THREADS