Eizo L365

sakattack

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2001
It's good to be home for Christmas.
And it gets even better when you can play with a new Athlon XP 1600+ on KT266A (Gigabyte 7VTXE) with 256MB DDR, IBM 40GB HDD and an <b> Eizo L365 </b> 15' TFT hooked on a Radeon 7500.

Surprise: the monitor comes only with an analog cable (D-Sub mini 15 pin) and my folks couldn't find a DVI cable in the stores-it will be available after christmas. Dooh!

Anyway, even in analog the monitor looks great.
Excellent 2D, very good in games and in moving video. I tried some DVDs and the picture was very good, absolutly no problems with jittering or ghost effect.

Flame I don't know what the previous Eizo TFTs looked like in analog, but I really liked this one.
However, I can't wait to try it with DVI and compare.

So it seems that TFTs are getting better and better with time, and cheaper above all.
I would recomend this one to anyone looking for good 15' TFT with both DVI & analog inputs.
With a 300 cd/m² luminance and 450:1 contrast ratio this babe can beat even the best CRTs in 1024*768.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Can u do me a favor? I haven't been able to see the L365 in person (damnit, no one has even heard of Eizo in my area!!- nearest place is 50 miles away), so if u could do 2 things. First, take a written page of text, and scroll fast- really, really fast. How does the text look? Also, take a look at some very high motion video, and see if it stays totally sharp. Reason I ask is cause I saw in a few reviews from reputable magazines that although the L365 has sweet as picture, it tends to get a little wierd w/ moving objects.

What if your life moved.....2 inches to the left?

sakattack

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2001
Ok. I used some pages from this forum and scrolled them as fast as I could.
The text is moving so fast that I cannot really read it, but I cannot remember if I could read it in my CRT.

Scrolling at a normal rate(like when you are trying to find sth in the text, makes it a little blur, but I've got no problem reading it.

I also played a DVD with some movie trailers, full screen.
There were great differencies between one trailer and another. Some had poor picture quality where others were great even in fast moving scenes.
My view is that any problem may have more to do with the video card, the software and the DVD title, rather than the L365.

Anyway I like it and don't have any problem to complain about.
And I'm still using an analog connection!
I am really curious whether the DVI cable will offer any significant improvement. I'll just have to wait for that.

Now about the m/b, I ordred that one because it is one of the cheapest with the KT266A and I didn't care about any extra features.
I didn't encountered any problem with it, yet. I only had some driver problems with WinXP (AC 97, scanner) but everything runs smoothly in Win2000.
There are even some cool utilities for harware monitoring and FSB overclocking within Windows that come with it.
It is very good for the $.

Boots_old

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2001
I just got one too today. I realy like it. Reflections are no problem anymore (especially after I found out to adjust it, so the top is closer to my eyes than the buttom. READABILLITY - I bought this one for 2D work (composing music). It does have that afterglow, when scrolling pages, and on a 3DMark test things where somewhat different too. But hey, I don't play games. This baby and my Matrox g450 shure does a good job together. And by the way - I used to use a 19" Eizo f67 (tdx7 or something - in USA).

For what I do, this monitor is better.

happy happy happy

sakattack

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2001
that's good! I would hate to see smn buying sth that I suggested and then hate it.

I really believe it to be the best TFT in the 15" category.
Actully I was waiting for it since last spring, when I first read the specifications released by Eizo.
And I haven't seen anything that can be compared in
terms of <b>response time + contrast + brightness + DVI </b>with it yet.

Boots_old

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2001
Did you try the DVI cable? Does it improve performance? b.t.w. English is not my first language, so it is a bit hard on me to quess your shortened words.

sakattack

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2001
grrr, not yet! I've ordered it but then had to leave again.
I hope next time I return I'll be able to try it.
But I was pleasently surprised by the crisp image using the analog connection and I cannot imagine how much better DVI could be!

PS. smn=someone , sth=something

Boots_old

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2001
No, what could possibly improve in terms of detail? :)
But how did <b>you</b> adjust the monitor?
I am still working on the adjustments. I found this Nokia tool an the net, but if I adjust the dark area (grey scale kind of thing), the picture gets a bit dimm even with highest contrast. Must be the missing contrast in LCDs. Also I am experimenting with viewing angels. LCD technology still has a long way of evolution in front of it I guess :) The future looks bright.

Boots_old

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2001
I just did a phase adjustment with the nokia tool. Man, does that do wierd things to my eyes. I believe this would be the main improvement going DVI - it is not bad , I just think it can be even better.

Boots_old

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2001
I am already far down. My brightness is around 34-37 in daytime, and now it is at 17. I like to keep contrast high though. The monitor is not that good at black (it is backlit isn't it). And that is mostly seen in the evening/night.