TTDPatch Error

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

I have recently installed the new patch and every time i finish launching it it
comes up with the error "Unable to locate Transport Tycoon Deluxe CD!", even
when the CD is in the disk drive. Can somebody help me!

Im running Microsoft 95Plus! and i have TTD dos version

Lucashward wrote:
> I have recently installed the new patch and every time i finish launching it it
> comes up with the error "Unable to locate Transport Tycoon Deluxe CD!", even
> when the CD is in the disk drive. Can somebody help me!
>
> Im running Microsoft 95Plus! and i have TTD dos version

Try setting the CDPATH option in your ttdpatch.cfg file to the place you
installed TTD. You might also need to copy some files over from the CD
then, but it should work after doing that. (You won't need the CD to
play afterwards then.)

--
Niels Martin Hansen (jfs/jiifurusu)

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

> I have recently installed the new patch and every time i finish launching it it
> comes up with the error "Unable to locate Transport Tycoon Deluxe CD!", even
> when the CD is in the disk drive. Can somebody help me!
>
> Im running Microsoft 95Plus! and i have TTD dos version

again everything:
- copy all files from cd to hdd (seems you already did it)
- do not run tycoon.bat file only ttdx.exe
- if you use WIN TTD you can try also TTD Registry Editor ( www.ttdpatch.de.vu )

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

I also seem to have a problem with XP. I am using the Win version but when I
try to run it I get a message saying error reading registry ???

Is this a common one?

"SHADOW-XIII" <sNhOaSdPoAwM@oNeT.pL> wrote in message
> > I have recently installed the new patch and every time i finish
launching it it
> > comes up with the error "Unable to locate Transport Tycoon Deluxe CD!",
even
> > when the CD is in the disk drive. Can somebody help me!
> >
> > Im running Microsoft 95Plus! and i have TTD dos version
>
> again everything:
> - copy all files from cd to hdd (seems you already did it)
> - do not run tycoon.bat file only ttdx.exe
> - if you use WIN TTD you can try also TTD Registry Editor (
www.ttdpatch.de.vu )

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

You need to be using TTDPatch with Windows 2000/XP compatibility switched on,
and it has to be properly installed.
~Ben

Where will Micro$oft try to drag you today?

Op Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:44:42 GMT schreef Ian Wanden:

> I also seem to have a problem with XP. I am using the Win version but when I
> try to run it I get a message saying error reading registry ???
>
> Is this a common one?
>
> "SHADOW-XIII" <sNhOaSdPoAwM@oNeT.pL> wrote in message
>>> I have recently installed the new patch and every time i finish
> launching it it
>>> comes up with the error "Unable to locate Transport Tycoon Deluxe CD!",
> even
>>> when the CD is in the disk drive. Can somebody help me!
>>>
>>> Im running Microsoft 95Plus! and i have TTD dos version
>>
>> again everything:
>> - copy all files from cd to hdd (seems you already did it)
>> - do not run tycoon.bat file only ttdx.exe
>> - if you use WIN TTD you can try also TTD Registry Editor (
> www.ttdpatch.de.vu )

Plus, in ttdpatch.cfg, you have to set the option cdpath to point to the
location where your TTD files are. E.g. cdpath=c:\games\ttd\cdfiles.
--
Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl

New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
A critic is a man who knows the way, but can't drive the car.