weak printing

Hi,

I ues a canon bj200 printer (B/W) (bc-02: black).

I am getting printing that is of even density but weak, ie gray rather than black.

There appears to be no lack of ink.

Any idea what the problem might be, and how to cure it.

I have tried cleaning the head.

Thanks

On 8 Sep 2004 02:36:28 -0700, not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net
(species8350) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I ues a canon bj200 printer (B/W) (bc-02: black).
>
>I am getting printing that is of even density but weak, ie gray rather than black.
>
>There appears to be no lack of ink.
>
>Any idea what the problem might be, and how to cure it.
>
>I have tried cleaning the head.
>
>Thanks

If the print driver allows it, try setting the print quality higher.
The draft mode or normal mode is usually good enough, but they're
meant for speed and to save ink. Going to a higher setting will waste
more ink per print, but you'll get darker text. A similar greying
will occur if you're running a "print saver" type driver. Of course,
if you're using such a driver, you'd know it.

Another possibility might be if you're using refilled or aftermarket
ink. Not everybody's is quite the same, and some brands tend to be
grey or brown.

The only other one I can think of is if the head is worn out. The
BJ200 has been around a while. If the printer is of old manufacture
and the head is original, you might consider replacing it. Don't know
how much Canon wants for a print head for it.

That's about all I can think of off hand.

MCheu