UN-Wanted dual boot problem

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
September 10, 2004 7:10:12 PM

Hey folks,

Somehow, in the process of installing a new hard disk as a slave, a file
got changed and now when I boot up, it ask which OS to load, and lists XP
Professional 2 times. I couldn't get to boot at all for a little bit cause
that screen would flash by so fast. Normally if I missed the option, it
would come up that I was missing a couple of files and would keep rebooting.
What I had to do is wait at just the right moment and hit the down arrow and
enter very quickly to get this OS to load properly.

In a nutshell, somehow this thing wants to dual boot and see's another OS
for some reason which there is none, and its giving me a headache. What
file do I need to change so that it only shows this OS to boot from??

TIA,

Doug
September 10, 2004 7:10:13 PM

safe mode edit the boot.ini but use caution and there are backups
(boot.---)

news:o tj0d.440$lX.323@trnddc04...

!