Intermittent Sound from One Speaker issue

Hey all,

I have an ASUS P4S800D-E Deluxe MB with onboard sound and every now and
then the audio comes from only the left channel. When I restart the
track, the audio then plays from both speakers.

I tried looking at the ASUS website and couldn't find anything of
assistance.

Any clues as to why this would happen?

Any other information you all would need to troubleshoot this issue?

Since I primarily play *.mp3 of *.flac audio files, I don't know if this
happens when a CD is in there.

Thanks for any help or direction.

"Same Guy" <was@another.address> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> I have an ASUS P4S800D-E Deluxe MB with onboard sound and every now and
> then the audio comes from only the left channel. When I restart the
> track, the audio then plays from both speakers.
>
> I tried looking at the ASUS website and couldn't find anything of
> assistance.
>

> Any clues as to why this would happen?

This is usually caused by a loose cable. -Dave

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:08:46 -0400: written by "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net>:

>This is usually caused by a loose cable. -Dave

Thanks for the reply. Speaker cable or MB cable?

I've tried jiggling various speaker wires to no effect, but I can see
how the vibrations from the speakers may be loosening things.