AGP and PC-Express on same motherboard?

benjamin

Hi, I have an AGP video card that I plan on using for awhile until I
can save up enough (and convince my wife) to buy a PCI-Express video
card. I'm curious if there are any motherboards out there that
support P4 HT, 800 MHz FSB, and both AGP and PCI-Express.

I've looked at Asus and Intel websites, and can't find any boards that
fit this description. In fact, I can't seem to find any manufacturers
that provide support for both AGP and PCI-Express. I do understand
why the market doesn't want to support both.

If there are none, I'm looking for the "best" P4-HT board available
that supports AGP. Seems like I heard there are some intel 915 boards
that support AGP, but I couldn't find any. :|

Advice is appreciated.

-Ben

jbenjam (at) gmail.com

p.s. I have 6 gmail invites available, so if you're interested and
give me some advice pertainent to this topic, I'll give you an invite.

Of course, right after I posted this message I found a board that supports
both:

ECS "915P-A (1.0)" 915P Chipset Motherboard For Intel LGA 775 CPU -RETAIL

Model# 915P-A (1.0)
Item # N82E16813135157

Specifications:
Supported CPU: LGA775 Pentium 4(HT) Processors
Chipset: i915P + ICH6
FSB: 800/533MHz
RAM: 2 DIMM for Dual Channel DDR2 400/533, 2 DIMM for Dual Channel DDR
400/333 Max 2GB
Slots: 1x PCI-Ex16, 2x PCI-Ex1, 1x AGP, 2x PCI
Ports: 2x PS/2, 1x COM, 1x LPT, 8x USB2.0(Rear 4), 1x RJ45, Audio Ports
IDE: 1x ATA 100/66 up to 2 Devices
Onboard SATA/RAID: 4x SATA
Onboard Audio: C-Media CMI9880 8-channel audio
Onboard LAN: Realtek RTL8110S GbE
Form Factor: ATX

IF you know of any others, please let me know!

Regards,

Ben

jbenjam(at)gmail.com

On 11 Sep 2004, Benjamin wrote:

> Hi, I have an AGP video card that I plan on using for awhile until I
> can save up enough (and convince my wife) to buy a PCI-Express video
> card. I'm curious if there are any motherboards out there that
> support P4 HT, 800 MHz FSB, and both AGP and PCI-Express.
>
> I've looked at Asus and Intel websites, and can't find any boards that
> fit this description. In fact, I can't seem to find any manufacturers
> that provide support for both AGP and PCI-Express. I do understand
> why the market doesn't want to support both.
>
> If there are none, I'm looking for the "best" P4-HT board available
> that supports AGP. Seems like I heard there are some intel 915 boards
> that support AGP, but I couldn't find any. :|
>
> Advice is appreciated.
>
> -Ben
>
> jbenjam (at) gmail.com
>
> p.s. I have 6 gmail invites available, so if you're interested and
> give me some advice pertainent to this topic, I'll give you an invite.

I am NOT aware of any boards currently that support both AGP and PCI-e; it
would be very expensive to manufacture and space limiting. The best and
most stable board currently on the market with AGP is probably the Asus
P4C800E-Deluxe. Highly recommended.

--
DaveW

"Benjamin" <snowkid_23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an AGP video card that I plan on using for awhile until I
> can save up enough (and convince my wife) to buy a PCI-Express video
> card. I'm curious if there are any motherboards out there that
> support P4 HT, 800 MHz FSB, and both AGP and PCI-Express.
>
> I've looked at Asus and Intel websites, and can't find any boards that
> fit this description. In fact, I can't seem to find any manufacturers
> that provide support for both AGP and PCI-Express. I do understand
> why the market doesn't want to support both.
>
> If there are none, I'm looking for the "best" P4-HT board available
> that supports AGP. Seems like I heard there are some intel 915 boards
> that support AGP, but I couldn't find any. :|
>
> Advice is appreciated.
>
> -Ben
>
> jbenjam (at) gmail.com
>
> p.s. I have 6 gmail invites available, so if you're interested and
> give me some advice pertainent to this topic, I'll give you an invite.

"Benjamin" <snowkid_23@yahoo.com> wrote...
> Hi, I have an AGP video card that I plan on using for awhile until I
> can save up enough (and convince my wife) to buy a PCI-Express video
> card. I'm curious if there are any motherboards out there that
> support P4 HT, 800 MHz FSB, and both AGP and PCI-Express.
>
> Advice is appreciated.

Wait.

PCI-express is too new to start throwing $$ at it when you have no real "need"
for it.

Church

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2005

John R Weiss wrote:
> "Benjamin" <snowkid_23@yahoo.com> wrote...
> > Hi, I have an AGP video card that I plan on using for awhile until
> > can save up enough (and convince my wife) to buy a PCI-Express
video
> > card. I'm curious if there are any motherboards out there that
> > support P4 HT, 800 MHz FSB, and both AGP and PCI-Express.
> >
> > Advice is appreciated.
>
> Wait.
>
> PCI-express is too new to start throwing $$ at it when you have no
real "need"
> for it.

I checked out NewEgg. They have quite a few, but they're rather
expensive ($79+)
Dunno is this link helps ya:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=0