INTEL D865PERLK - Firewire - Audio ports

Dave_S

I am having a PC built for me using an INTEL D865PERLK motherboard.
ON the front panel of this PC case, I want USB, Firewire, and Audio
ports [LineOut, MIC or Line_In, spkr / headphone]. NewEgg says there
are 3 firewire ports on this motherboard, one at rear plus 2 more on the
board. Other descriptions for this same board say there is only one
IEEE1394 port. How many actual ports, connectors, and headers?

Similar question for the Audio ports on front of case.
I think this board contains Audio connectors that are on the rear panel
of case. Are there also headers on the board for the Audio cables for
front panel?
What is the method to have both front Audio and Rear Audio at same time?
Is another sound card needed or a special adapter cable?

Thank you for any help.

Dave_s

Dave, I have the D865PERLL mobo. I don't know how similar yours is, but if I
wanted to use front panel audio, I would have to remove jumpers to
DEactivate the rear audio. (My Antec SX635BII doesn't have front jacks, so I
never had to worry about this). You may want to check into this.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/rl/rl_confg.htm#2

There ARE three 1394 connectors: One rear, and two on the board.

"Dave_s" <group78@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> I am having a PC built for me using an INTEL D865PERLK motherboard.
> ON the front panel of this PC case, I want USB, Firewire, and Audio
> ports [LineOut, MIC or Line_In, spkr / headphone]. NewEgg says there
> are 3 firewire ports on this motherboard, one at rear plus 2 more on the
> board. Other descriptions for this same board say there is only one
> IEEE1394 port. How many actual ports, connectors, and headers?
>
> Similar question for the Audio ports on front of case.
> I think this board contains Audio connectors that are on the rear panel
> of case. Are there also headers on the board for the Audio cables for
> front panel?
> What is the method to have both front Audio and Rear Audio at same time?
> Is another sound card needed or a special adapter cable?
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> Dave_s

Dave_S

tom418 wrote:
> Dave, I have the D865PERLL mobo. I don't know how similar yours is, but if I
> wanted to use front panel audio, I would have to remove jumpers to
> DEactivate the rear audio. (My Antec SX635BII doesn't have front jacks, so I
> never had to worry about this). You may want to check into this.

Thanks for the info about your mobo
and three 1394 connectors.

If I disabled rear audio and shifted audio to front conectors,
I could not attach my two stereo speakers to the rear
connectors. Very inconvenient.
Must decide if front audio is really so necessary. But front USB
and Firewire in front are still needed.

Another question...
--------------------------
Does your D865PERLL BIOS/CMOS allow you to boot
from USB devices such as a HardDisk on a USB2 port?

I think this is a CMOS setup option.
Did that option come with your mobo?

Did you have to get the latest BIOS upgrade
for you Intel mobo?

Thanks again,
Dave_s

I have a D865PERL. Has FireWire on the back and 2 headers on the
MOBO. My case has one FirWire port on front, so I'm only connected to
one mobo FireWire header.
The other poster is correct with the audio. The audio from the CPU is
on one row of the dual haeder pins. The rear connectors are the other
row. The jumpers connect them together. To get both front and rear,
yould need some kind of Y connector. You could make one.