HP Officejet 6110C - springs came off from under the lid :..

Lifting the (heavy) lid to change an ink cartridge, I found two
springs lying on top, on the left and right of the main printing area.
They are an inch long, looped at one end and with a 'dog-leg' at the
other. The lid no longer stays raised up without help. I can't see
where these springs actually fit, but there is clearly a squared
plastic hook on the underside of the lid where the looped end of the
spring must fit.

Can any kind soul help with e.g. a digital photo of the springs that
hold the lid mechanism up, to give me an idea of what it looks like? I
couldn't find any diagrams on HP's web site. HP says the springs
cannot be repaired without damaging the machine, but they fell off
easy enough.

I have torn my hair out with this product. The first one locked up
badly and was replaced after 3 months, but this refurbished machine
(which made strange noises on and off) is now 3 months out of
warranty. It doesn't get much use: when it goes properly it's been
wonderful, but at all other times it's been a total pain.

Would much appreciate any help from anyone who owns one of these
things!

TIA

-- Alan W
alan at epemag.demon.co.uk
1 answer Last reply
More about officejet 6110c springs

    "AlanW" <alan@epemag.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Lifting the (heavy) lid to change an ink cartridge, I found two
    > springs lying on top, on the left and right of the main printing area.
    > They are an inch long, looped at one end and with a 'dog-leg' at the
    > other. The lid no longer stays raised up without help. I can't see
    > where these springs actually fit, but there is clearly a squared
    > plastic hook on the underside of the lid where the looped end of the
    > spring must fit.
    >
    > Can any kind soul help with e.g. a digital photo of the springs that
    > hold the lid mechanism up, to give me an idea of what it looks like?

    I do not have access to a Officejet 6110 these days but you might post your
    question on HP's user forum at:
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=420
    or
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=230

    Someone there may be able to post a picture for you.

    Regards,

Printers Hewlett Packard Officejet Peripherals