how to connect the internet to anothet computer???

hi..how to make the computer in my kids bed room connected to my cable
intenet attached in my living room computer ....is a wireless router is
enough or it must be another additional cards and softwares????and if my
computer kids will be attached to the internet cable will this reduce the
speed of the internet cable or no???..please the answer must be in datails
with the name of the devices i need and its brands too..cause i am new in
networking....

Malke

naderbd wrote:

> hi..how to make the computer in my kids bed room connected to my cable
> intenet attached in my living room computer ....is a wireless router
> is enough or it must be another additional cards and softwares????and
> if my
> computer kids will be attached to the internet cable will this reduce
> the speed of the internet cable or no???..please the answer must be in
> datails with the name of the devices i need and its brands too..cause
> i am new in networking....

You will buy a wireless router. It will be attached to your cable modem.
Your desktop will be wired to the router. Your kid's computer will need
to have a wireless network adapter, either an internal PCI card or an
external USB one. You shouldn't notice any reduction in Internet speed.
Here are links to help you with buying and setting up equipment:

Linksys networking information - not necessary to buy Linksys of course,
but this page has good illustrations of the concepts
http://www.linksys.com/edu/

Wireless - Basic Configuration -

The six dumbest ways to secure a wireless LAN -
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/index.php?p=43

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

If you want a good site for general hardware reviews and information,
try Dr. Tom's site: http://www.tomshardware.com

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell