MSI Graphics card

edog

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2004

I have just put a new graphics card in my computer and it has stopped
my Windows XP from working properly. It says I have a file called
ginamsi.dll that is stopping it from working but it wont let me
delete it.

Can anyone help me???

Cheers Ian

==============

jad

reinstall your drivers for the vidcard and make sure you have chosen
XP for your os and its the latest version. SP1 SP2? Its sounds as
though it is an incompatibility issue

"edog" <edog80@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> I have just put a new graphics card in my computer and it has
stopped
> my Windows XP from working properly. It says I have a file called
> ginamsi.dll that is stopping it from working but it wont let me
> delete it.
>
> Can anyone help me???
>
> Cheers Ian
>
> ==============
> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to
hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

"edog" <edog80@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I have just put a new graphics card in my computer and it has stopped
> my Windows XP from working properly. It says I have a file called
> ginamsi.dll that is stopping it from working but it wont let me
> delete it.
>
> Can anyone help me???
>
> Cheers Ian
>
> ==============
> troubleshooting newsgroups.

A Google search reveals that the file belongs to program called "Microstar
Lockbox."
If you uninstall this program the file should be gone. I don't know what
this program is supposed to do, might be a good idea to find out before
uninstalling it.

edog:

> I have just put a new graphics card in my computer and it has stopped
> my Windows XP from working properly. It says I have a file called
> ginamsi.dll that is stopping it from working but it wont let me
> delete it.

Did you uninstall your previous card and reboot?

--
Mac Cool

MethodMan

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2003

newsgroups.

> A Google search reveals that the file belongs to program called "Microstar
> Lockbox."
> If you uninstall this program the file should be gone. I don't know what
> this program is supposed to do, might be a good idea to find out before
> uninstalling it.

microstar = msi