Epson Refill Ink Problem

I have purchased replacement cartridges for my Epson RX500 printer.
Atlantic Ink Jet recommended getting those for refilling, as they are
easier to work with than the
manufacturer's cartridge. Now that I am getting ready to refill these
T048XXX
cartridges, Atlantic is telling me they don't have the ink available for
refilling. I don't
understand what is so special about this ink that they can't get it. I
would rather deal
with Atlantic because of previous good results, but should I look for
another company selling this ink?

sherwindu wrote:
> I have purchased replacement cartridges for my Epson RX500 printer.
> Atlantic Ink Jet recommended getting those for refilling, as they are
> easier to work with than the
> manufacturer's cartridge. Now that I am getting ready to refill these
> T048XXX
> cartridges, Atlantic is telling me they don't have the ink available for
> refilling. I don't
> understand what is so special about this ink that they can't get it. I
> would rather deal
> with Atlantic because of previous good results, but should I look for
> another company selling this ink?

The R500 uses Ultrachrome PIGMENT based inks and has 1.5 picoliter
drop size capability.
This ink is probably unique because to grind pigment particles small enough
to not plug a nozzle that small is no mean task. My GUESS is that with time,
others will either develop the technology to make these inks or will find
means of getting the ink sub-rosa from the original manufacturer.
Until then, you may have to go to Epson for relief.
Bob Williams

Do they have ink for the R300? If so order that, the r200 300 500 and 600
use the same ink set.

Bob Williams wrote:

> sherwindu wrote:
>
>> I have purchased replacement cartridges for my Epson RX500 printer.
>> Atlantic Ink Jet recommended getting those for refilling, as they are
>> easier to work with than the
>> manufacturer's cartridge. Now that I am getting ready to refill these
>> T048XXX
>> cartridges, Atlantic is telling me they don't have the ink available for
>> refilling. I don't
>> understand what is so special about this ink that they can't get it. I
>> would rather deal
>> with Atlantic because of previous good results, but should I look for
>> another company selling this ink?
>>

> The R500 uses Ultrachrome PIGMENT based inks and has 1.5 picoliter
> drop size capability.
> This ink is probably unique because to grind pigment particles small enough
> to not plug a nozzle that small is no mean task. My GUESS is that with
> time,
> others will either develop the technology to make these inks or will find
> means of getting the ink sub-rosa from the original manufacturer.
> Until then, you may have to go to Epson for relief.
> Bob Williams

My Bad!
I thought you had the Epson R800, which uses Ultrachrome pigment ink.
I never heard of an Epson RX500 and it does not appear on Epson's
website for USA, Canada or U.K.
Are you sure it is a RX500? What country did you purchase it in?
Bob Williams

Bob, The RX 500 and 600 are All In Ones. In there simplest forms, they
are nothing but the R300 printer and the Perfection 2400 scanner in one
box.. The RX600 has more stand alone capabilities..