Can anyone figure this out?

I just received my new mobo today, FIC AU13, set up with a AMD XP3200
processor and 512 mb or DDR3200 Ram. I then placed my video card and sound
cards in the box, figuring I'd just use the onboard lan. I installed a brand
new Western Digital 160 gb hard drive and the first problem was the freaking
floppy wouldn't work!! I wanted to use the Win 98 setup disk to format the
HD. Any ideas there? I noticed the light on, which normally indicates the
cable reversed, but even after I switched it around, the light stayed on.
Reversed on the board? I don't know anymore. Anyway, I booted from the
Western Digital CD and then had no idea what was up, called their tech
support and was told to load Windows XP Pro. I placed that CD into the drive
and it began the installation process. Now even that takes a dump....the
error message is:

STOP: 0x000000CA (0x8236003, 0x82340C08, 0x00000000)

Anyone have any idea what that's all about?

Any help will be appreciated...I searched Microsoft's Knowledge base for the
error, no luck.

Gerry Wolf
gwolf@wi.rr.com
3 answers Last reply
More about figure

    "Gerry Wolf" <gwolf@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I just received my new mobo today, FIC AU13, set up with a AMD XP3200
    > processor and 512 mb or DDR3200 Ram. I then placed my video card and sound
    > cards in the box, figuring I'd just use the onboard lan. I installed a
    brand
    > new Western Digital 160 gb hard drive and the first problem was the
    freaking
    > floppy wouldn't work!! I wanted to use the Win 98 setup disk to format the
    > HD. Any ideas there? I noticed the light on, which normally indicates the
    > cable reversed, but even after I switched it around, the light stayed on.
    > Reversed on the board? I don't know anymore. Anyway, I booted from the
    > Western Digital CD and then had no idea what was up, called their tech
    > support and was told to load Windows XP Pro. I placed that CD into the
    drive
    > and it began the installation process. Now even that takes a dump....the
    > error message is:
    >
    > STOP: 0x000000CA (0x8236003, 0x82340C08, 0x00000000)
    >
    > Anyone have any idea what that's all about?

    If these are all IDE devices, I'd say it sounds like a bad IDE controller.
    You might try clearing CMOS settings a few times to make sure nothing funky
    is hanging out there. But out of curiosity, what specific make and model
    number of power supply is running this? -Dave

    "Gerry Wolf" <gwolf@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I just received my new mobo today, FIC AU13, set up with a AMD XP3200
    > processor and 512 mb or DDR3200 Ram. I then placed my video card and sound
    > cards in the box, figuring I'd just use the onboard lan. I installed a
    > brand
    > new Western Digital 160 gb hard drive and the first problem was the
    > freaking
    > floppy wouldn't work!! I wanted to use the Win 98 setup disk to format the
    > HD. Any ideas there? I noticed the light on, which normally indicates the
    > cable reversed, but even after I switched it around, the light stayed on.
    > Reversed on the board? I don't know anymore. Anyway, I booted from the
    > Western Digital CD and then had no idea what was up, called their tech
    > support and was told to load Windows XP Pro. I placed that CD into the
    > drive
    > and it began the installation process. Now even that takes a dump....the
    > error message is:
    >
    > STOP: 0x000000CA (0x8236003, 0x82340C08, 0x00000000)
    >
    > Anyone have any idea what that's all about?
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated...I searched Microsoft's Knowledge base for
    > the
    > error, no luck.
    >
    > Gerry Wolf
    > gwolf@wi.rr.com

    Well I'm no expert, but could it possibly be faulty memory chips? How many
    sticks of ram do you have installed? If more than one, can you try them
    independently?

    Scott

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:33:44 GMT Humanity I love.It's just people who
    piss me off ;-) "Gerry Wolf" <gwolf@wi.rr.com> wrote :

    >I just received my new mobo today, FIC AU13, set up with a AMD XP3200
    >processor and 512 mb or DDR3200 Ram. I then placed my video card and sound
    >cards in the box, figuring I'd just use the onboard lan. I installed a brand
    >new Western Digital 160 gb hard drive and the first problem was the freaking
    >floppy wouldn't work!! I wanted to use the Win 98 setup disk to format the
    >HD. Any ideas there? I noticed the light on, which normally indicates the
    >cable reversed, but even after I switched it around, the light stayed on.
    >Reversed on the board? I don't know anymore. Anyway, I booted from the
    >Western Digital CD and then had no idea what was up, called their tech
    >support and was told to load Windows XP Pro. I placed that CD into the drive
    >and it began the installation process. Now even that takes a dump....the
    >error message is:
    >
    >STOP: 0x000000CA (0x8236003, 0x82340C08, 0x00000000)
    >
    >Anyone have any idea what that's all about?
    >
    >Any help will be appreciated...I searched Microsoft's Knowledge base for the
    >error, no luck.
    >
    >Gerry Wolf
    >gwolf@wi.rr.com

    Pull power cord out and find and use the Clear CMOS jumper.You cannot
    fully clear the CMOS on ATX powered systems with power to the board.

    If no good then for now you can download and burn this CDR/W ISO of a
    win98 floppy and use it as a floppy and install win98,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/bootd.zip
    Set boot order to CD drive 1st.

    HTH :)

    --