PS2 Port gone, Please Help Access The Bios

Hi,

I think my PS2 port is fried on my new MB.

Tried two different PS2 KB's in it and I need to access the bios to disable
the port.

I am using a Wireless USB keyboard which works fine when windows starts but
will not do anything in the post boot up sequence.

I have both KB's plugged in (PS2 & USB) only way to make it work, and the PC
makes a strange noise (internal spaker) when starting up.

The PS2 KB does not work in the bios access sequence and when I start XP Pro

I only get the "PS2 error press F1 to continue" every 1 in 3 boots to which
I reset the PC again and hope it does not come up.

Is there any other way I can access the bios, say by using a direct pluging
USB KB, the legacy USB is enabled.

Many thanks in advance, it's driving me CRAZY!

Jed.
3 answers Last reply
More about port gone access bios

    Jedinial bullfrogz wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I think my PS2 port is fried on my new MB.
    >
    > Tried two different PS2 KB's in it and I need to access the bios to disable
    > the port.
    >
    > I am using a Wireless USB keyboard which works fine when windows starts but
    > will not do anything in the post boot up sequence.
    >
    > I have both KB's plugged in (PS2 & USB) only way to make it work, and the PC
    > makes a strange noise (internal spaker) when starting up.
    >
    > The PS2 KB does not work in the bios access sequence and when I start XP Pro
    >
    > I only get the "PS2 error press F1 to continue" every 1 in 3 boots to which
    > I reset the PC again and hope it does not come up.
    >
    > Is there any other way I can access the bios, say by using a direct pluging
    > USB KB, the legacy USB is enabled.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance, it's driving me CRAZY!
    >
    > Jed.

    are you *sure* you don;t have the keyboard plugged into the mouse port???

    most MB's will recognized a USB KB

    "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Jedinial bullfrogz wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I think my PS2 port is fried on my new MB.
    >>
    >> Tried two different PS2 KB's in it and I need to access the bios to
    >> disable the port.
    >>
    >> I am using a Wireless USB keyboard which works fine when windows starts
    >> but will not do anything in the post boot up sequence.
    >>
    >> I have both KB's plugged in (PS2 & USB) only way to make it work, and the
    >> PC makes a strange noise (internal spaker) when starting up.
    >>
    >> The PS2 KB does not work in the bios access sequence and when I start XP
    >> Pro
    >>
    >> I only get the "PS2 error press F1 to continue" every 1 in 3 boots to
    >> which I reset the PC again and hope it does not come up.
    >>
    >> Is there any other way I can access the bios, say by using a direct
    >> pluging USB KB, the legacy USB is enabled.
    >>
    >> Many thanks in advance, it's driving me CRAZY!
    >>
    >> Jed.
    >>

    > are you *sure* you don;t have the keyboard plugged into the mouse port???

    Yes, 100% sure, its color coded, for idiots! hehe

    BTW, still no luck

    Jed

Homebuilt PlayStation USB BIOS Systems