Interesting observation

Ok, disassembled the machine in preparation for the delivery of the
replacement board and noticed that there is a pin missing from the floppy
interface on the board. Is this something new and would that be the reason
the older drives do not work? I looked at my old ABIT BE-6 II board and
there were no missing pins on the floppy interface on that board.

Also I looked at a close-up of the board on various sites and they all show
the pin missing.

Can anyone enlighten me on this issue?

Thanks once more, I know I've been a pain!

Gerry
gwolf@wi.rr.com

jad

Many floppy controllers have a pin missing near the middle. This is so
that cables with a blocked pin will fit on the correct way - no way to
put the cable on backwards. So, that is normal.

Gerry Wolf wrote:
> Ok, disassembled the machine in preparation for the delivery of the
> replacement board and noticed that there is a pin missing from the floppy
> interface on the board. Is this something new and would that be the reason
> the older drives do not work? I looked at my old ABIT BE-6 II board and
> there were no missing pins on the floppy interface on that board.
>
> Also I looked at a close-up of the board on various sites and they all show
> the pin missing.
>
> Can anyone enlighten me on this issue?
>
> Thanks once more, I know I've been a pain!
>
> Gerry
> gwolf@wi.rr.com

yes!