Improveing SATA Performance how ?

And how do a mesaure it ?

I used hdtach and it showed 114 as the drive speed, this good ?

Thanks.

jad

I was wondering when this would begin. When UDMA 5 7200rpm was no
longer fast enough(and SCSI is 'old' tech) we went to buffers. When
that wasn't good enough we went to bigger buffers. When that wasn't
good enough we visited SATA. Now we have come full circle and SATA
needs some tweaking to be faster yet. Its been a wild techno 20years
for me, if you'd told me what computers would be like today, I would
have laughed.