Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HELP - Canon S900 print to Kodak Paper

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
September 9, 2004 1:20:37 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I have tried everything... and the results are terrible... I have a Canon
S900 and want to print on Kodak Inkjet paper. When I go in and identify any
other paper type than plain I get terrible results. If I leave the paper
type set on plain it seems to work fine. I have tried this with Canon's
Easy Photo Print, Canon's Easy Photo Print Plus, Kodak Easyshare software
with One Touch software turned on and choose a Kodak Inkjet paper I use ...
still terrible results. I called Canon and they said if you use Kodak
Inkjet paper you should not use their software... yikes.. does anyone have
any suggestions. It seems if I choose any other paper type other than
plain.. a color profile is loaded and it creates an image that is very high
in contrast / very yellow - red and very unacceptable.
Is there a profile I can load that is used for Kodak paper... any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:06:57 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml;jsessionid=0N2ZQZUVTN2TFFW4FBEH
WEI?pq-path=1964&PRINTER=Canon+BubbleJet+Color+S900&pq-locale=en_US&_request
id=59922

Above link contains Kodak's recommendation for the settings for the S900 for
the various types of Kodak papers. Recommended settings for other printers
also available by drilling for them on the Kodak website.

Leonard Vaughn

"Dave" <dave1552@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:FIK%c.274181$UTP.181911@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> I have tried everything... and the results are terrible... I have a Canon
> S900 and want to print on Kodak Inkjet paper. When I go in and identify
any
> other paper type than plain I get terrible results. If I leave the paper
> type set on plain it seems to work fine. I have tried this with Canon's
> Easy Photo Print, Canon's Easy Photo Print Plus, Kodak Easyshare software
> with One Touch software turned on and choose a Kodak Inkjet paper I use
....
> still terrible results. I called Canon and they said if you use Kodak
> Inkjet paper you should not use their software... yikes.. does anyone have
> any suggestions. It seems if I choose any other paper type other than
> plain.. a color profile is loaded and it creates an image that is very
high
> in contrast / very yellow - red and very unacceptable.
> Is there a profile I can load that is used for Kodak paper... any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave
>
>
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:06:58 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Leonard Vaughn" <lvaughn1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
news:5oL%c.62286$Kt5.2260@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml;jsessionid=0N2ZQZUVTN2TFFW4FBEH
> WEI?pq-path=1964&PRINTER=Canon+BubbleJet+Color+S900&pq-locale=en_US&_request
> id=59922
>
> Above link contains Kodak's recommendation for the settings for the S900
> for
> the various types of Kodak papers. Recommended settings for other
> printers
> also available by drilling for them on the Kodak website.
>

After making these changes you can then save a 'Custom' profile to be used
each time you use that paper. Beats having to manually make the changes each
time.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 3:31:43 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Dave <dave1552@rogers.com> observed
>I have tried everything... and the results are terrible... I have a Canon
>S900 and want to print on Kodak Inkjet paper. When I go in and identify any
>other paper type than plain I get terrible results. If I leave the paper
>type set on plain it seems to work fine. I have tried this with Canon's
>Easy Photo Print, Canon's Easy Photo Print Plus, Kodak Easyshare software
>with One Touch software turned on and choose a Kodak Inkjet paper I use ...
>still terrible results. I called Canon and they said if you use Kodak
>Inkjet paper you should not use their software... yikes.. does anyone have
>any suggestions. It seems if I choose any other paper type other than
>plain.. a color profile is loaded and it creates an image that is very high
>in contrast / very yellow - red and very unacceptable.
>Is there a profile I can load that is used for Kodak paper... any
>suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave

I have a lot of paper that doesn't work with my S9000. It's to do with
deposit rates and absorbsion. Try a test print on hi-resolution paper
mode, and failing that try film mode. It may be that you can get away
with it. But I wouldn't waste my time if I were you!

I use canon MP-101, greatly underrated IMHO, and PR-101 for superb
results. Epson Gloss for pretty good output in roll and extra sizes. But
take care with drying time.

Mike
[The reply-to address is valid for 30 days from this posting]
--
Michael J Davis
<><
Some newsgroup contributors appear to have confused
the meaning of "discussion" with "digression".
<><
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 4:14:48 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:20:37 GMT, "Dave" <dave1552@rogers.com> wrote:

>I have tried everything... and the results are terrible..

FWIW:

I always got horrible results using Kodak paper with canon printers. I
find Epson and Office Depot papers good, if you don't want to use
canon paper.

SLK

.. I have a Canon
>S900 and want to print on Kodak Inkjet paper. When I go in and identify any
>other paper type than plain I get terrible results. If I leave the paper
>type set on plain it seems to work fine. I have tried this with Canon's
>Easy Photo Print, Canon's Easy Photo Print Plus, Kodak Easyshare software
>with One Touch software turned on and choose a Kodak Inkjet paper I use ...
>still terrible results. I called Canon and they said if you use Kodak
>Inkjet paper you should not use their software... yikes.. does anyone have
>any suggestions. It seems if I choose any other paper type other than
>plain.. a color profile is loaded and it creates an image that is very high
>in contrast / very yellow - red and very unacceptable.
>Is there a profile I can load that is used for Kodak paper... any
>suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave
>
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 5:13:46 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

In message <4r7vj0lbgt8c5n4o1oartek8m5mvggulre@4ax.com>,
kahalas <kahalas@verizon.net> wrote:

>FWIW:
>
>I always got horrible results using Kodak paper with canon printers. I
>find Epson and Office Depot papers good, if you don't want to use
>canon paper.

For papers that give an olive-green cast to dark areas and the ink beads
up, it is best to set the paper type to plain, and then manually set the
highest resolution and diffusion dithering.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
September 9, 2004 6:07:57 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for the link... I have printed out the settings and my first
adjustment is to set the paper media to Plain Paper .. and the next setting
is to set print quality to high... however with plain paper as the paper
source ... High Quality is not an option... is there something I have
missed... if you can help that would be great.. .thanks.

Dave


"Leonard Vaughn" <lvaughn1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
news:5oL%c.62286$Kt5.2260@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml;jsessionid=0N2ZQZUVTN2TFFW4FBEH
> WEI?pq-path=1964&PRINTER=Canon+BubbleJet+Color+S900&pq-locale=en_US&_request
> id=59922
>
> Above link contains Kodak's recommendation for the settings for the S900
> for
> the various types of Kodak papers. Recommended settings for other
> printers
> also available by drilling for them on the Kodak website.
>
> Leonard Vaughn
>
> "Dave" <dave1552@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:FIK%c.274181$UTP.181911@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
>> I have tried everything... and the results are terrible... I have a Canon
>> S900 and want to print on Kodak Inkjet paper. When I go in and identify
> any
>> other paper type than plain I get terrible results. If I leave the paper
>> type set on plain it seems to work fine. I have tried this with Canon's
>> Easy Photo Print, Canon's Easy Photo Print Plus, Kodak Easyshare software
>> with One Touch software turned on and choose a Kodak Inkjet paper I use
> ...
>> still terrible results. I called Canon and they said if you use Kodak
>> Inkjet paper you should not use their software... yikes.. does anyone
>> have
>> any suggestions. It seems if I choose any other paper type other than
>> plain.. a color profile is loaded and it creates an image that is very
> high
>> in contrast / very yellow - red and very unacceptable.
>> Is there a profile I can load that is used for Kodak paper... any
>> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 4:02:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Greetings Dave,

I understand your dilemma.

Sorry to hear that you are note getting what you had hoped from your Kodak
paper. Are you sure they did not state that if you use Kodak paper that you
should not use the Canon software? I suggest this as the EasyShare program
will work quite well on that printer. It is among those that are listed for
Canon. Great printer and it should provide excellent results. What paper
are you using? Are you using original inks or refills? What version of
EasyShare software are you using? If not the current version, you might
want to update it. Also, once you do, go to the Kodak site at
http://www.kodak.com/go/onetouch Follow the directions to make sure you
have the latest driver information for the S900.

If you continue to get poor results, after following the recommendations, I
will help further and analyze a print. Also, send me a file of the image
and I can have our lab guys print on your model here.

Let me know. You should get great results.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company



"Dave" <dave1552@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:FIK%c.274181$UTP.181911@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> I have tried everything... and the results are terrible... I have a Canon
> S900 and want to print on Kodak Inkjet paper. When I go in and identify
any
> other paper type than plain I get terrible results. If I leave the paper
> type set on plain it seems to work fine. I have tried this with Canon's
> Easy Photo Print, Canon's Easy Photo Print Plus, Kodak Easyshare software
> with One Touch software turned on and choose a Kodak Inkjet paper I use
....
> still terrible results. I called Canon and they said if you use Kodak
> Inkjet paper you should not use their software... yikes.. does anyone have
> any suggestions. It seems if I choose any other paper type other than
> plain.. a color profile is loaded and it creates an image that is very
high
> in contrast / very yellow - red and very unacceptable.
> Is there a profile I can load that is used for Kodak paper... any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave
>
>
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 9:48:43 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I too have a S900 with a similar problem, altho In my case Kodak paper
is not used. If I print with the Canon driver set for plain paper, I
get a fine photo -- either on plain paper or Epson photo glossy. If I
select glossy photo paper from the driver, I get ugly yellows and
greens, regardless of paper used.

Running a nozzle check shows that photo cyan and photo are totally
blocked. Deep cleaning no help. New cartidges no help -- both Canon
and OEM cartridges.

My conjecture is that when plain paper is selected, the two photo color
inks are not used. When photo paper is selected, the two photo
cartidges are used.

As a result I just select plain paper for eveything and get great
photos. I may be off base but it works for me.


PC Medic wrote:
>
> "Leonard Vaughn" <lvaughn1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:5oL%c.62286$Kt5.2260@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml;jsessionid=0N2ZQZUVTN2TFFW4FBEH
> > WEI?pq-path=1964&PRINTER=Canon+BubbleJet+Color+S900&pq-locale=en_US&_request
> > id=59922
> >
> > Above link contains Kodak's recommendation for the settings for the S900
> > for
> > the various types of Kodak papers. Recommended settings for other
> > printers
> > also available by drilling for them on the Kodak website.
> >
>
> After making these changes you can then save a 'Custom' profile to be used
> each time you use that paper. Beats having to manually make the changes each
> time.
September 9, 2004 10:36:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> In message <4r7vj0lbgt8c5n4o1oartek8m5mvggulre@4ax.com>,
> kahalas <kahalas@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>FWIW:
>>
>>I always got horrible results using Kodak paper with canon printers. I
>>find Epson and Office Depot papers good, if you don't want to use
>>canon paper.

I like Epson, although I can't stand Office Depot or Office Max branded
papers.

As far as the Kodak paper printing problem, I actually just taked to a Kodak
rep at my local Office Max today. I told here I had been reading on online
forums for quite some time now that people were getting horrible results
with Kodak brand inkjet papers and we've all tried using Kodak's recommended
settings and ICC profiles n' such. Her suggestion was to use Kodak's own
EasyShare photo software that normally comes with their cameras. It can be
downloaded free off their website and you don't need a Kodak camera to use
get or install it. The paper color profiles are built in to this
application.

Unfortunately I don't have any Kodak paper to try this on (I had given up on
their stuff), but maybe you could try that and let us know the results.
Regardless, I really hope everyone out there will let Kodak know of these
problems. The more we complain, the quicker a resolution can be found.

Visit:
http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/global/en/service/contact/...

to send Kodak a message.

Lux
Visit the Canon i-Series user group - www.icanon.org
lux@icanon_nospam.org (remove _nospam to email)
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 11:40:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I get GREAT results using the following link for KODAK photo papers on my
Canon printer ( different). Follow the link to your printer.

BTW I found the Easy Share software not as effective.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml;jsessionid=ITNHWVE4CJ0NDFW4FBCXWEA?pq-path=1963&_requestid=43957&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=43957


"Lux" <lux@nospam_icanon.org> wrote in message
news:aO50d.144$l05.111@text.usenetserver.com...
:> In message <4r7vj0lbgt8c5n4o1oartek8m5mvggulre@4ax.com>,
: > kahalas <kahalas@verizon.net> wrote:
: >
: >>FWIW:
: >>
: >>I always got horrible results using Kodak paper with canon printers. I
: >>find Epson and Office Depot papers good, if you don't want to use
: >>canon paper.
:
: I like Epson, although I can't stand Office Depot or Office Max branded
: papers.
:
: As far as the Kodak paper printing problem, I actually just taked to a
Kodak
: rep at my local Office Max today. I told here I had been reading on
online
: forums for quite some time now that people were getting horrible results
: with Kodak brand inkjet papers and we've all tried using Kodak's
recommended
: settings and ICC profiles n' such. Her suggestion was to use Kodak's own
: EasyShare photo software that normally comes with their cameras. It can
be
: downloaded free off their website and you don't need a Kodak camera to use
: get or install it. The paper color profiles are built in to this
: application.
:
: Unfortunately I don't have any Kodak paper to try this on (I had given up
on
: their stuff), but maybe you could try that and let us know the results.
: Regardless, I really hope everyone out there will let Kodak know of these
: problems. The more we complain, the quicker a resolution can be found.
:
: Visit:
:
http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/global/en/service/contact/...
:
: to send Kodak a message.
:
: Lux
: Visit the Canon i-Series user group - www.icanon.org
: lux@icanon_nospam.org (remove _nospam to email)
:
:
:
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 3:51:28 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hello Dave,

Sorry, but I've exhausted my knowledge on the topic. Two to three months
ago, I learned of the Kodak site with the recommendations--I think from
reading this newsgroup.

Kodak used to have a "You push the button, we do the rest" slogan. You
don't get that when you're doing your own photofinishing. So everyone is
faced with learning (and coping with) the idiosyncracies of their printer,
various papers they might use, etc.

Maybe some of the newsgroup readers/writers could start individual threads
stating what they've found to be best practices for their particular
printer(s).

Leonard




"Dave" <dave1552@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:1WO%c.627$hSH.589@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> Hi Leonard,
>
> Thanks for the link... I have printed out the settings and my first
> adjustment is to set the paper media to Plain Paper .. and the next
setting
> is to set print quality to high... however with plain paper as the paper
> source ... High Quality is not an option... is there something I have
> missed... if you can help that would be great.. .thanks.
>
> Dave
>
>
(EARLIER MESSAGES SNIPPED)
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 1:25:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Greetings Lux,

The One Touch feature (which is indeed included with EasyShare Software) has
been tested at considerable length to make sure the results are the best
possible. This presumes that you are using inks offered by the manufacturer
of the printer and that you are using EasyShare Software with One Touch. It
is also recommended that you use the latest driver for your printer.

If this is the case, and most of the time it is, your results should be
terrific. If they are not, we are glad to try and help. Kodak does not
provide ICC profiles for its inkjet papers save for the professional product
we offer. So, for Ultima paper and the other consumer papers we offer, such
profiles are included in the software.

Actually, Kodak has gone to the lengths of getting pretty much every printer
made today and testing it extensively with Kodak papers. Once this rigorous
testing is complete, the results are posted and included in EasyShare. The
One Touch information is updated regularly, so check the system for your
printer a couple of months or so after it is released. It should show up
about then. Not being aware of your model, Lux, I cannot give you
specifics. We have been using One Touch for quite some time.

If you use Kodak paper with EasyShare and One Touch, and your printer is on
the list of One Touch compatible printers, and the results are not good,
send me the file you used to print with and your address, and I will analyze
it for you. Remember, you should be using a good image of sufficient size
and resolution. Of course, the inks used should be by the manufacturer as
we cannot test for the myriad of refillable inks.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company





"Lux" <lux@nospam_icanon.org> wrote in message
news:aO50d.144$l05.111@text.usenetserver.com...
> > In message <4r7vj0lbgt8c5n4o1oartek8m5mvggulre@4ax.com>,
> > kahalas <kahalas@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >>FWIW:
> >>
> >>I always got horrible results using Kodak paper with canon printers. I
> >>find Epson and Office Depot papers good, if you don't want to use
> >>canon paper.
>
> I like Epson, although I can't stand Office Depot or Office Max branded
> papers.
>
> As far as the Kodak paper printing problem, I actually just taked to a
Kodak
> rep at my local Office Max today. I told here I had been reading on
online
> forums for quite some time now that people were getting horrible results
> with Kodak brand inkjet papers and we've all tried using Kodak's
recommended
> settings and ICC profiles n' such. Her suggestion was to use Kodak's own
> EasyShare photo software that normally comes with their cameras. It can
be
> downloaded free off their website and you don't need a Kodak camera to use
> get or install it. The paper color profiles are built in to this
> application.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have any Kodak paper to try this on (I had given up
on
> their stuff), but maybe you could try that and let us know the results.
> Regardless, I really hope everyone out there will let Kodak know of these
> problems. The more we complain, the quicker a resolution can be found.
>
> Visit:
>
http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/global/en/service/contact/...
>
> to send Kodak a message.
>
> Lux
> Visit the Canon i-Series user group - www.icanon.org
> lux@icanon_nospam.org (remove _nospam to email)
>
>
>
September 10, 2004 4:13:42 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Thanks Ron for your response. Its nice to see Kodakians scanning the news
groups looking to lend a helping hand. I did go out and buy some Ultima
PPP-3-A paper and tried using the EasyShare software. My personal problems
with ink pooling were solved using this solution. I don't want to post
binaries to this newsgroup, but you can see my results here:

http://www.icanon.org/viewtopic.php?p=81#81

In terms of the color problems others have mentioned, its much harder to
lock down problems since everything from monitor calibration, printer
settings, light conditions which the photo is viewed in, etc can effect
these results. Regardless, color can be persueded to work...I'm just happy
my ink pooling problem was resolved. My only gripe is I cannot acheive
these results printing directly from Photoshop CS. Maybe Kodak could
produce a photoshop print plug-in of sorts to take advantage of the
EasyShare print engine.

Thanks also for mentioning Kodak's Professional inkjet papers. I wasn't
even aware you made a professional line (of course I consider myself to be
an amateur). I guess this is why the ICC profiles I found for my printer
didn't really do much for my Ultima paper use. Does this paper use Kodak's
ColorLast technology for high durability? The Kodak web site doesn't really
go into much detail about this paper, so if you have anything to share, I'd
love to hear it.

--
Lux
Visit the Canon i-Series user group - www.icanon.org
lux@icanon_nospam.org (remove _nospam to email)




"Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote in message
news:chs9uj$4pf$1@news.kodak.com...
> Greetings Lux,
>
> The One Touch feature (which is indeed included with EasyShare Software)
> has
> been tested at considerable length to make sure the results are the best
> possible. This presumes that you are using inks offered by the
> manufacturer
> of the printer and that you are using EasyShare Software with One Touch.
> It
> is also recommended that you use the latest driver for your printer.
>
> If this is the case, and most of the time it is, your results should be
> terrific. If they are not, we are glad to try and help. Kodak does not
> provide ICC profiles for its inkjet papers save for the professional
> product
> we offer. So, for Ultima paper and the other consumer papers we offer,
> such
> profiles are included in the software.
>
> Actually, Kodak has gone to the lengths of getting pretty much every
> printer
> made today and testing it extensively with Kodak papers. Once this
> rigorous
> testing is complete, the results are posted and included in EasyShare.
> The
> One Touch information is updated regularly, so check the system for your
> printer a couple of months or so after it is released. It should show up
> about then. Not being aware of your model, Lux, I cannot give you
> specifics. We have been using One Touch for quite some time.
>
> If you use Kodak paper with EasyShare and One Touch, and your printer is
> on
> the list of One Touch compatible printers, and the results are not good,
> send me the file you used to print with and your address, and I will
> analyze
> it for you. Remember, you should be using a good image of sufficient size
> and resolution. Of course, the inks used should be by the manufacturer as
> we cannot test for the myriad of refillable inks.
>
> Talk to you soon,
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company
December 5, 2004 5:44:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I have just subscribed to this group and have experienced the same terrible
print results using Kodak ppp-4-a paper no matter what I did with my Canon
i850. No matter what software I used, the images looked like a poor
rendition of 3d with edges showing colour separation and strange textures
throughout the images printed. However, I didn't throw the prints away and
left them on the computer desk and after two days I took a look at them
again. Much to my surprise, the objectionable features of the images have
disappeared.

I will use up the paper that I bought but will not buy any more of it.
--

Ron P

Sometimes you're the windshield:) 
Sometimes you're the bug:( 




"Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote in message
news:chpuoh$en2$1@news.kodak.com...
> Greetings Dave,
>
> I understand your dilemma.
>
> Sorry to hear that you are note getting what you had hoped from your Kodak
> paper. Are you sure they did not state that if you use Kodak paper that
> you
> should not use the Canon software? I suggest this as the EasyShare
> program
> will work quite well on that printer. It is among those that are listed
> for
> Canon. Great printer and it should provide excellent results. What paper
> are you using? Are you using original inks or refills? What version of
> EasyShare software are you using? If not the current version, you might
> want to update it. Also, once you do, go to the Kodak site at
> http://www.kodak.com/go/onetouch Follow the directions to make sure you
> have the latest driver information for the S900.
>
> If you continue to get poor results, after following the recommendations,
> I
> will help further and analyze a print. Also, send me a file of the image
> and I can have our lab guys print on your model here.
>
> Let me know. You should get great results.
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company
>
>
>
> "Dave" <dave1552@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:FIK%c.274181$UTP.181911@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
>> I have tried everything... and the results are terrible... I have a Canon
>> S900 and want to print on Kodak Inkjet paper. When I go in and identify
> any
>> other paper type than plain I get terrible results. If I leave the paper
>> type set on plain it seems to work fine. I have tried this with Canon's
>> Easy Photo Print, Canon's Easy Photo Print Plus, Kodak Easyshare software
>> with One Touch software turned on and choose a Kodak Inkjet paper I use
> ...
>> still terrible results. I called Canon and they said if you use Kodak
>> Inkjet paper you should not use their software... yikes.. does anyone
>> have
>> any suggestions. It seems if I choose any other paper type other than
>> plain.. a color profile is loaded and it creates an image that is very
> high
>> in contrast / very yellow - red and very unacceptable.
>> Is there a profile I can load that is used for Kodak paper... any
>> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 1:11:53 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Greetings Ron,

Sorry to hear about the problematic prints. Sounds like an ink issue. You
might want to visit the Kodak site and get the correct settings for the
paper you are using. It will make a difference. If you use the Kodak
EasyShare software, it has built in printer options and settings that will
adjust your printer driver when using Kodak paper (reverts to normal if
not). This will likely improve your results dramatically.

Kodak has gone to the trouble of getting just about every printer model out
there and tested them with Kodak papers. Once the testing is complete they
settings are released to the web site or incorporated into the EasyShare
software. Check it out and see if the settings improve. Look to the left
to find the settings link.

http://www.kodak.com/go/inkjet

Talk to you soon, Ron, let me know how you make out.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company



> I have just subscribed to this group and have experienced the same
terrible
> print results using Kodak ppp-4-a paper no matter what I did with my Canon
> i850. No matter what software I used, the images looked like a poor
> rendition of 3d with edges showing colour separation and strange textures
> throughout the images printed. However, I didn't throw the prints away and
> left them on the computer desk and after two days I took a look at them
> again. Much to my surprise, the objectionable features of the images have
> disappeared.
>
> I will use up the paper that I bought but will not buy any more of it.
> --
>
> Ron P
>
> Sometimes you're the windshield:) 
> Sometimes you're the bug:( 
>
>
>
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 7:51:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Ron Baird wrote:
> Greetings Ron,
>
> Sorry to hear about the problematic prints. Sounds like an ink issue. You
> might want to visit the Kodak site and get the correct settings for the
> paper you are using. It will make a difference. If you use the Kodak
> EasyShare software, it has built in printer options and settings that will
> adjust your printer driver when using Kodak paper (reverts to normal if
> not). This will likely improve your results dramatically.
>
> Kodak has gone to the trouble of getting just about every printer model out
> there and tested them with Kodak papers. Once the testing is complete they
> settings are released to the web site or incorporated into the EasyShare
> software. Check it out and see if the settings improve. Look to the left
> to find the settings link.
>
> http://www.kodak.com/go/inkjet
>
Ron-

I have been to the site, but could not find any printer profiles.
Instructions for optimum settings for a large number of printers, yes,
but no profiles. Am I looking in vain, or do they exist elsewhere on
the site?

--
John McWilliams
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 7:51:47 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi John,

We do not provide profiles, John, save for some of the content when using
our professional Inkjet papers. Try the following site to see if anything
there will help you.

http://www.kodak.com/go/professional

I believe they have settings for the S9000 though I am not sure about 900.
Click on the Digital Products link on this page then on the Inkjet Photo
Paper. profiles will be listed there.

Good luck, John, if you have any questions let me know.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company




"John McWilliams" <jpmcw@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:Co%td.213847$HA.123252@attbi_s01...
> Ron Baird wrote:
> > Greetings Ron,
> >
> > Sorry to hear about the problematic prints. Sounds like an ink issue.
You
> > might want to visit the Kodak site and get the correct settings for the
> > paper you are using. It will make a difference. If you use the Kodak
> > EasyShare software, it has built in printer options and settings that
will
> > adjust your printer driver when using Kodak paper (reverts to normal if
> > not). This will likely improve your results dramatically.
> >
> > Kodak has gone to the trouble of getting just about every printer model
out
> > there and tested them with Kodak papers. Once the testing is complete
they
> > settings are released to the web site or incorporated into the EasyShare
> > software. Check it out and see if the settings improve. Look to the
left
> > to find the settings link.
> >
> > http://www.kodak.com/go/inkjet
> >
> Ron-
>
> I have been to the site, but could not find any printer profiles.
> Instructions for optimum settings for a large number of printers, yes,
> but no profiles. Am I looking in vain, or do they exist elsewhere on
> the site?
>
> --
> John McWilliams
December 10, 2004 12:32:21 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote in message
news:cp9pq6$3d3$1@news.kodak.com...
> Greetings Ron,
>
> Sorry to hear about the problematic prints. Sounds like an ink issue.
> You
> might want to visit the Kodak site and get the correct settings for the
> paper you are using. It will make a difference. If you use the Kodak
> EasyShare software, it has built in printer options and settings that will
> adjust your printer driver when using Kodak paper (reverts to normal if
> not). This will likely improve your results dramatically.
>
> Kodak has gone to the trouble of getting just about every printer model
> out
> there and tested them with Kodak papers. Once the testing is complete
> they
> settings are released to the web site or incorporated into the EasyShare
> software. Check it out and see if the settings improve. Look to the left
> to find the settings link.

I have done all of that. Strangely, after a couple of days, the photos look
ok.

For whatever reason the EasyShare software makes no adjustment to my printer
settings. I have to do that manually every time the software is used. One
Touch is indicated as enabled and it is the latest version so, I am going to
just give up.
--

Ron P

Sometimes you're the windshield:) 
Sometimes you're the bug:( 
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 7:05:45 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Greetings Ron,

I suggest you go to the following site and redo that options there for the
different papers you use. Download and install from the One Touch location
and page. Try a couple of prints to discern any differences.

http://www.kodak.com/go/onetouch

You may not have the latest offering. Before you do this, download and
install the latest driver for your printer. If it is the same, no need, but
doesn't hurt. If there is one that is very new, then Kodak might not have
had time to fully review and offer new information.

Let me know how you make out, Ron, Happy Holidays

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company





> >
> > Sorry to hear about the problematic prints. Sounds like an ink issue.
> > You
> > might want to visit the Kodak site and get the correct settings for the
> > paper you are using. It will make a difference. If you use the Kodak
> > EasyShare software, it has built in printer options and settings that
will
> > adjust your printer driver when using Kodak paper (reverts to normal if
> > not). This will likely improve your results dramatically.
> >
> > Kodak has gone to the trouble of getting just about every printer model
> > out
> > there and tested them with Kodak papers. Once the testing is complete
> > they
> > settings are released to the web site or incorporated into the EasyShare
> > software. Check it out and see if the settings improve. Look to the
left
> > to find the settings link.
>
> I have done all of that. Strangely, after a couple of days, the photos
look
> ok.
>
> For whatever reason the EasyShare software makes no adjustment to my
printer
> settings. I have to do that manually every time the software is used. One
> Touch is indicated as enabled and it is the latest version so, I am going
to
> just give up.
> --
>
> Ron P
>
> Sometimes you're the windshield:) 
> Sometimes you're the bug:( 
>
>
!