phone with best reception

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 30, 2004 2:49:58 PM

I need to upgrade my phone (v60i) but I cannot
find any info or comparisons on reception
quality. Does anyone have recommendations?

Just needs to work on Cingular network and
international. Locked, unlocked, doesnt matter.

Camera, screen, games, etc, irrelevant.

thanks

More about : phone reception

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 9:22:34 PM

You say your phone is "V60i". Are you sure? This is not GSM. The
international phones are GSM. If you have a V60gi (this uses a SIM card
under the battery) you are on the right system for traveling. The gi is
already international, but will not pick up the new 850 band in the US.

I also had (well still have) a V60gi. Is has been rugged and has had beater
reception than most other GSM phones I have used.
I wanted 850 coverage, color (my eyes are old), and better internet access,
so I upgraded to V600. It is Motorola's upgraded model for the V60gi. I
had been interested in this model for a year, and waited till the price came
down. I bit when Cingular offered it as an upgrade option. Is wonderful.
There is branding, but it is added features. Cingular did not lock the
phone, or restrict key options as it does on other phones, but added a few
menu items. The operation is similar but greatly improved over the V60gi,
fixing many quarks. The volume and rings are much better, and it has a
built in speaker phone, text input is greatly improved. Also, if your
travel a lot, you might get hooked on the bluetooth for either a headset or
computer link.

A much better price point is the V400, which loses the bluetooth and has a
different technology screen (at least I think the screen is different).
There are a few other none important differences.
Check the V400 out, but I have no experience with it. I have heard
complaints about battery life on the v400, but that may be from users who
play games all day or are constantly sending messages. It could also be from
older software???. I used the V600 fairly heavily and have no battery
issues.

Note that both models have a camera, so this may restrict access to some
facilities where cameras are not allowed.

Do not go with the Motorola 720 - sluggish operation, poor reception, and
not international.

!