Ati Mobility Radeon 7500 Monitor issue

jeffreylb94

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
I have a IBM Thinkpad T30 with a graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon 7500. I have an external monitor plugged up. On xp I can dual split easily! I just installed windows 7, and it doesn't detect the external monitor. I right click desktop, and select screen resolution. I click detect and the only screen detected is my laptop screen (not the vga external screen). I checked the IBM website, and the video drivers are only for windows xp. I tried to install the driver for xp on windows 7, and an error pops up and says "Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup" Can anyone help me to get my laptop to dual monitor split, and windows 7 recognize my external monitor?

Can't do what you want, you need to go back to an OS that the T30 supports. ATi does not supply Win 7 drivers for that card either. T30 is old, it's a wonder you decided to put 7 on it with that slow CPU and low max RAM capability. I can tell you that a T43 will run Win 7 just fine though. Maybe it's time to "upgrade" to a laptop that's only 5 or 6 years old if you want to run Win 7? :)

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-28041SupportforATIMobility.aspx

jeffreylb94

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

I understand, im just broke. My laptop is already maxed out and my desktop only has 1 dvi output but i hqve 2 vga monitors... I just want to monitor split, but i dont have enough money for even an outdated pc right now... Thanks for the info though!