Micro Atx Motherboard with IEEE1394 (Firewire)

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
September 20, 2004 12:46:24 PM

Hi

I'm building a small system using the Antec Aria case - does anyone
know of a Micro Atx motherboard with on-board IEEE1394, so I can make
use of the firewire front port on the case?

I guess I could buy a cheap IEEE1394 PCI card if not, but i'd prefer
to have one on the motherboard.

Thanks!
Mark.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
September 20, 2004 5:40:34 PM

"Mark Roberts" <markalroberts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm building a small system using the Antec Aria case - does anyone
> know of a Micro Atx motherboard with on-board IEEE1394, so I can make
> use of the firewire front port on the case?
>
> I guess I could buy a cheap IEEE1394 PCI card if not, but i'd prefer
> to have one on the motherboard.
>

> Thanks!
> Mark.

If you are OK with building an Athlon64 system, DFI makes a board that looks
like it will work for you. In the link below, notice the "1394_2" labelled
header near the bottom of the mainboard diagram. (page 16) That should do
the trick. -Dave

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Manual/k8m800mlvf%20806304...
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
September 20, 2004 9:43:34 PM

markalroberts@hotmail.com (Mark Roberts) wrote in

> Hi
>
> I'm building a small system using the Antec Aria case - does anyone
> know of a Micro Atx motherboard with on-board IEEE1394, so I can make
> use of the firewire front port on the case?
>
> I guess I could buy a cheap IEEE1394 PCI card if not, but i'd prefer
> to have one on the motherboard.
>

> Thanks!
> Mark.

For Intel CPUs

FOXCONN "865M01-G-6ELS"
FOXCONN "915M07-G-8EKRS"
FOXCONN "915M03-G-8EKRS"

For AMD CPUs

DFI "K8M800-MLVF"
MSI "K8MM-ILSR"

May not be all, but these are the ones I found at Newegg.com.

--
pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com
"The examined life is no picnic." - Robert Fulghum