usb problems after motherboard swap

CARBON

I came across a ple133 matx motherboard where I work that had a cpu
cooler installed backwards. After the cpu burnt up I ordered a biostar
m7ncg-400 nforce2 matx board and xp2600 to replace it.

I turned off the system file protection in WinME and all the hardware
was redetected and everything seems to work fine. (Well actually, I
had to mount the hard drive in another computer because the ide driver
ME needed was on the cd supplied with the motherboard.)

Anyway, I still have one question mark listed in the device manager:

Other Devices
PCI Universal Serial Bus (?)

For the record, there are 3 usb devices (HP printer, Kodak digital
camera base station, APC ups) installed which all seem to work fine.

Anyone know what to do about this USB device?

"Carbon" <nobrac@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message
>I came across a ple133 matx motherboard where I work that had a cpu cooler
>installed backwards. After the cpu burnt up I ordered a biostar m7ncg-400
>nforce2 matx board and xp2600 to replace it.
>
> I turned off the system file protection in WinME and all the hardware was
> redetected and everything seems to work fine. (Well actually, I had to
> mount the hard drive in another computer because the ide driver ME needed
> was on the cd supplied with the motherboard.)
>
> Anyway, I still have one question mark listed in the device manager:
>
> Other Devices
> PCI Universal Serial Bus (?)
>
> For the record, there are 3 usb devices (HP printer, Kodak digital camera
> base station, APC ups) installed which all seem to work fine.
>
> Anyone know what to do about this USB device?

In device manager, UNINSTALL the PCI Universal Serial Bus. Reboot. Most
likely, whatever it is will reinstall itself correctly. -Dave

CARBON

Dave C. wrote:
> "Carbon" <nobrac@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message

>> Anyway, I still have one question mark listed in the device
>> manager:
>>
>> Other Devices PCI Universal Serial Bus (?)
>>
>> For the record, there are 3 usb devices (HP printer, Kodak
>> digital camera base station, APC ups) installed which all seem to
>> work fine.
>>
>> Anyone know what to do about this USB device?
>
> In device manager, UNINSTALL the PCI Universal Serial Bus. Reboot.
> Most likely, whatever it is will reinstall itself correctly. -Dave

I guess I should have mentioned that I tried that already. The device
is redetected on reboot and then it goes looking for a device driver
which it is never able to find. It doesn't look like there's anything
suitable on the Biostar driver cd.