Ps2 Vs USB in a Cordless Mouse, whats best.

Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?

Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.

Your thoughts ?

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about cordless mouse whats best

    "Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    > Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
    > is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?
    >
    > Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
    > problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.

    as far as performance ...i;ve never seen a difference between USB & ps/2
    however i always go with ps/2 ...why waste a USB port just for a mouse.

    as far as cordless mice...unless you get one that has a recharging
    stand...they are very annoying ...the battery life is *extremely* poor!

    dont tie up USB if you don't have to.

    "Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    > Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
    > is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?
    >
    > Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
    > problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.
    >
    > Your thoughts ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    philo - typed:
    > "Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
    >> is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?
    >>
    >> Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
    >> problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.
    >>

    > as far as performance ...i;ve never seen a difference between USB &
    > ps/2 however i always go with ps/2 ...why waste a USB port just for a
    > mouse.
    > as far as cordless mice...unless you get one that has a recharging
    > stand...they are very annoying ...the battery life is *extremely*
    > poor!

    /Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2 still
    shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I personally
    wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs & enabling resume
    from Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2 ports is usually less of
    an issue than from USB. Latency on USB might be an issue under certain
    circumstances. I have run both from USB but not long enough to notice
    any difference.

    --
    The map is not the territory

    > /Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2 still
    > shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I personally
    > wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs & enabling resume from
    > Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2 ports is usually less of an
    > issue than from USB. Latency on USB might be an issue under certain
    > circumstances. I have run both from USB but not long enough to notice any
    > difference.

    i have tried both a logitech and a microsoft cordless mouse,
    with the best batteries avail...and i was lucky if i got a month out of
    them!
    the kind with the recharger cradle would be what i'd do if i were to get
    another

    > --
    > The map is not the territory

    Recently got a Logitech 510. Logitech recommended using the PS2 port.

    philo - typed:
    >> /Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2
    >> still shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I
    >> personally wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs &
    >> enabling resume from Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2
    >> ports is usually less of an issue than from USB. Latency on USB
    >> might be an issue under certain circumstances. I have run both from
    >> USB but not long enough to notice any difference.
    >

    > i have tried both a logitech and a microsoft cordless mouse,
    > with the best batteries avail...and i was lucky if i got a month out
    > of them!
    > the kind with the recharger cradle would be what i'd do if i were to
    > get another
    >>
    >> --
    >> The map is not the territory

    Before this MS model, I had a Logitech Mouseman Optical who's battery
    life was terrible - about a month if lucky. It was also uncomfortable to
    use by a southpaw like me. My only remaining issue with mice is that
    they should have ball bearings & not silly pads on the bottom to reduce
    stiction. The mouse I have states 6 months battery life & it looks like
    that will be exceeded. Having NmH batteries included & a charging cradle
    is another option - especially if it takes its power from the PS/2 port.
    I did find that putting AA NiCads in the Mouseman pretty pointless. The
    current MS cordless also uses AA & not their small siblings. I also like
    the left/right scrolling function, if not the indentless scrolling of
    the wheel itself.

    My brother can't get his mouse to wake his PC if connected to a USB
    port, despite the jumper being set to 5VSB, Legacy USB mouse being
    checked then unchecked in the bios & the settings in Device Manager
    being toggled for USB devices.

    If my mouse's battery life was only 3 months, I'd still be more than
    happy. I would be very surprised if you only got a month's use from MS
    model I have - cheap as well. My next k/b will be cordless but the
    current MS models are far too deep - my MS Office k/b takes up far too
    much desk real estate for my liking. Battery life on cordless k/bs isn't
    an issue of course. I wouldn't bother with the expense or pairing
    complexity of a Bluetooth mouse personally & IIRC, still need another BT
    dongle for other devices - messy.

    --
    The map is not the territory

Homebuilt PlayStation Mice Systems