Wireless Connection drops anything beetween 5 minutes to 5..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 4, 2005 4:14:05 PM

the wireless connection i have keeps dropping im on service pack 2 xp i have
done all the firmware updates on the router and the card

i belive from various sites that this isnt that rare error but i dont have a
solution for it

i have tried three new routers and cards

maybe theres a bug in sp2 im not sure

any help would appreciate
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 4, 2005 9:44:13 PM

In article <DA281712-8167-44BF-823A-5F967425D033@microsoft.com>,
Graham Mckenzie <GrahamMckenzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>the wireless connection i have keeps dropping im on service pack 2 xp i have
>done all the firmware updates on the router and the card
>
>i belive from various sites that this isnt that rare error but i dont have a
>solution for it
>
>i have tried three new routers and cards
>
>maybe theres a bug in sp2 im not sure
>
>any help would appreciate

Turn off 802.1x authentication:

1. Right-click the wireless network connection.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Wireless Networks tab.
4. Click your network in the list of preferred networks.
5. Click Properties.
6. Click Authentication
7. Un-check "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for the network.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 5, 2005 6:15:02 AM

i have tried this and i still have the smae problem

"Steve Winograd [MVP]" wrote:

> In article <DA281712-8167-44BF-823A-5F967425D033@microsoft.com>,
> Graham Mckenzie <GrahamMckenzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >the wireless connection i have keeps dropping im on service pack 2 xp i have
> >done all the firmware updates on the router and the card
> >
> >i belive from various sites that this isnt that rare error but i dont have a
> >solution for it
> >
> >i have tried three new routers and cards
> >
> >maybe theres a bug in sp2 im not sure
> >
> >any help would appreciate
>
> Turn off 802.1x authentication:
>
> 1. Right-click the wireless network connection.
> 2. Click Properties.
> 3. Click the Wireless Networks tab.
> 4. Click your network in the list of preferred networks.
> 5. Click Properties.
> 6. Click Authentication
> 7. Un-check "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for the network.
> --
> Best Wishes,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

a b F Wireless
July 5, 2005 4:00:41 PM

Hi
Does it happen if the two PCs are few feet away one from the other?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Graham Mckenzie" <GrahamMckenzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D A281712-8167-44BF-823A-5F967425D033@microsoft.com...
> the wireless connection i have keeps dropping im on service pack 2 xp i have
> done all the firmware updates on the router and the card
>
> i belive from various sites that this isnt that rare error but i dont have a
> solution for it
>
> i have tried three new routers and cards
>
> maybe theres a bug in sp2 im not sure
>
> any help would appreciate
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 5, 2005 4:00:42 PM

there is 1 laptop and 1 wireless adsl router

this fault is a mystery im even running sp2 as well

"Jack (MVP)" wrote:

> Hi
> Does it happen if the two PCs are few feet away one from the other?
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Graham Mckenzie" <GrahamMckenzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D A281712-8167-44BF-823A-5F967425D033@microsoft.com...
> > the wireless connection i have keeps dropping im on service pack 2 xp i have
> > done all the firmware updates on the router and the card
> >
> > i belive from various sites that this isnt that rare error but i dont have a
> > solution for it
> >
> > i have tried three new routers and cards
> >
> > maybe theres a bug in sp2 im not sure
> >
> > any help would appreciate

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 6, 2005 12:18:58 PM

Graham,

Are you using w2k3 IAS for radius authentication - if so try setting the
session-timeout to a large number and adding Ignore-User-DialIn-Properties
on the remote access policy.

Regards,

Bernard.

"Graham Mckenzie" <GrahamMckenzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in