TTD and ATI Radeon graphics cards

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

I saw a copy of TTD today in PC World (UK) and was tempted to buy it to
replace a DOS copy I have from ages ago but have been unable to run since
updating Windows, but when I looked on the box I saw 2 problems, the first
one is simple to overcome by downloading the Patch, the second is that the
game suppoesedly doesn't run on ATI Radson graphics cards. Is this correct
and if so is there a patch available anywhere to correct this? I would
really like to solve this query as I am a fan of TT and would like to start
using it again.

Many thanks
Michael Murfitt
5 answers Last reply
More about radeon graphics cards
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    In article <cc7a92$qsc$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>,
    michael@spammurfitt84.freeserve.co.uk says...
    > I saw a copy of TTD today in PC World (UK) and was tempted to buy it to
    > replace a DOS copy I have from ages ago but have been unable to run since
    > updating Windows, but when I looked on the box I saw 2 problems, the first
    > one is simple to overcome by downloading the Patch, the second is that the
    > game suppoesedly doesn't run on ATI Radson graphics cards. Is this correct
    > and if so is there a patch available anywhere to correct this? I would
    > really like to solve this query as I am a fan of TT and would like to start
    > using it again.

    I have no problem with a "Mobile Radeon 9000" in my Dell.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    "Ol' Duffer" <DontSend@MeSpam.com> wrote in message
    > In article <cc7a92$qsc$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>,
    > michael@spammurfitt84.freeserve.co.uk says...
    > > I saw a copy of TTD today in PC World (UK) and was tempted to buy it to
    > > replace a DOS copy I have from ages ago but have been unable to run
    since
    > > updating Windows, but when I looked on the box I saw 2 problems, the
    first
    > > one is simple to overcome by downloading the Patch, the second is that
    the
    > > game suppoesedly doesn't run on ATI Radson graphics cards. Is this
    correct
    > > and if so is there a patch available anywhere to correct this? I would
    > > really like to solve this query as I am a fan of TT and would like to
    start
    > > using it again.
    >
    > I have no problem with a "Mobile Radeon 9000" in my Dell.

    I used to use a Radeion 8500 All In Wonder card and the Windows version ran
    fine.

    Take care,

    Simon Howson
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    Michael Murfitt wrote:

    > I saw a copy of TTD today in PC World (UK) and was tempted to buy it to
    > replace a DOS copy I have from ages ago but have been unable to run since
    > updating Windows, but when I looked on the box I saw 2 problems, the first
    > one is simple to overcome by downloading the Patch, the second is that the
    > game suppoesedly doesn't run on ATI Radson graphics cards.

    The Windows version of TTD uses DirectX, so should run on *any* recent
    graphics card.

    Tom
    --
    The only problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes the trouble
    shoots back

    "Thomas Gabler" <th.gabler@uni.de> wrote in message
    > Michael Murfitt wrote:
    >
    > > I saw a copy of TTD today in PC World (UK) and was tempted to buy it to
    > > replace a DOS copy I have from ages ago but have been unable to run
    since
    > > updating Windows, but when I looked on the box I saw 2 problems, the
    first
    > > one is simple to overcome by downloading the Patch, the second is that
    the
    > > game suppoesedly doesn't run on ATI Radson graphics cards.

    Is this the windows version? - I believe the real win version (a conversion
    by an outfit called Fish (UK) Ltd) was only sold in the 'tycoon collection'
    (at least in uk). There was also a budget label edition sold later
    incorrectly claiming to require windows, but it is actually the dos version
    and only works in early 'dos-based' windows 95, 98, ME. I have seen odd
    copies of this in PC World, but not recently. Note, if it is the dos
    version, it will not work under NT, 2000, XP, even with ttdpatch.

    > The Windows version of TTD uses DirectX, so should run on *any* recent
    > graphics card.

    That is what I thought too.

    --
    Mark
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    I have a radeon 9200SE and it runs fine, buy the gane (giving you a licence
    to use it) then check out TTDpatch which will make the WINDOWS version run
    on 2000 or XP the dos version will run on 95/98/ME get the patch from
    www.ttdpatch.net and some TT links here http://w.webring.com/hub?ring=ttweb
    also if this works it should get you the full game!
    http://home.aland.net/toffe.eriksson/ttdx.win.rar you will A zip prog
    capable of doing .rar archives for this ( I think winzip does them but not
    sure) and the patch: http://home.aland.net/toffe.eriksson/ttdw_patch.zip
    Best of luck.

Graphics Cards Games Video Games