Any Arctic climate grf sets?

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hi all,

I'm looking for something new here. The only set I know is that at
http://ttdpatch.net/newgrf.html
However, it's dated Jul 27 2003 and the author seems concentrated on other
projects.

Has there been anything new since last year?

Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about arctic climate sets
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    > Has there been anything new since last year?

    No, but the US Set is very close to release, which will contain hundreds of
    American engines and wagons for the temperate and arctic climates - see the
    Graphics forum at www.tt-forums.net for more information.

    --
    Owen Rudge
    http://www.owenrudge.net/

    MSN Messenger: owen@owenrudge.net
    ICQ: 125455765
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    Owen Rudge wrote:

    > [...] the US Set is very close to release, which will contain
    > hundreds of American engines and wagons [...]

    Hundreds? (>200) :o)

    regards
    Michael
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    > Hundreds? (>200) :o)

    Well, in excess of 100, if I'm not mistaken. ;-)

    --
    Owen Rudge
    http://www.owenrudge.net/

    MSN Messenger: owen@owenrudge.net
    ICQ: 125455765
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    Owen Rudge wrote:

    >> Hundreds? (>200) :o)

    > Well, in excess of 100, if I'm not mistaken. ;-)

    Seems that I´ve mistaken you from a mathematical point of view. :o)

    Anyway, I wouldn´t call that (still unknown) number "hundreds", especially
    because TTD allows only for a moderate 116 train vehicles.

    Or have you been refering to the number of individual consists in the game? That
    number could be called "hundreds" with a slightly increased legitimacy, although
    it wouldn´t be linked to a specific vehicles set ... :o)

    SCNR
    Michael
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    Well.

    There are around 58 locomotives (give or take two) and several
    random/override liveries. Afair there will be 200 sprite-sets easily.

    Adam Kad³ubek | TTDSite: www.ttdeluxe.strategie.pl
    --------- u.z - a.t - g.s.i - d.o.t - pl ---------
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    Adam Kadlubek wrote:

    [US set]

    > Afair there will be 200 sprite-sets easily.

    So Owen meant "sprite sets" when speaking of "hundreds of [...] engines and
    wagons"? Do those "200" include random liveries and loading states?

    regards
    Michael
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    > > Afair there will be 200 sprite-sets easily.
    >
    > So Owen meant "sprite sets" when speaking of "hundreds of [...] engines
    and
    > wagons"? Do those "200" include random liveries and loading states?

    No. Those include just random/override/time based liveries. For example:
    bethgon coalporter has 4 random liveries with 4 loading states - total of 16
    spritesets, but generally 1 or 4 vehicles depending how you percieve the
    difference. AFAIR the nfo is ~4100 lines long...

    Adam Kad³ubek | TTDSite: www.ttdeluxe.strategie.pl

Arctic Games Video Games