HP LaserJet IIIP vertical shading problem

I have a used HP Laserjet IIIP I am attempting to restore. Works fine,
except that every page has two vertical stripes of grey toner on every
page, about 3-4cm wide, fuzzy edges, not "Lines".

Obviously something needs cleaning or a new toner cartridge? Any ideas
appreciated.

Also, does anyone know a good website address with photos showing repair
methods for this printer, or online repiar manuals (or downloadable
ones)?? I have the Printer FAQ but without parts placement photos its a
bit difficult for a novice like me!

Larry Gagnon
--
********************************
to reply via email remove "fake"

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Had the same problem after changing to a new toner cartridge. Put in another
toner cartridge and no more problem. Go figure! Bad cartridge I guess.

Best

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:38:10 -0700, Larry Gagnon <lagagnon@fakeuniserve.com>
wrote:

>I have a used HP Laserjet IIIP I am attempting to restore. Works fine,
>except that every page has two vertical stripes of grey toner on every
>page, about 3-4cm wide, fuzzy edges, not "Lines".
>
>Obviously something needs cleaning or a new toner cartridge? Any ideas
>appreciated.
>
>Also, does anyone know a good website address with photos showing repair
>methods for this printer, or online repiar manuals (or downloadable
>ones)?? I have the Printer FAQ but without parts placement photos its a
>bit difficult for a novice like me!
>
>Larry Gagnon

Somebody else has already commented on your specific problem. However, in
reply your question about addresses I suggest http://fixyourownprinter.com/
where I've been getting parts to fix a bunch of used IIP & IIIP printers I
bought many years ago for a local non profit agency.

Those printers can go on forever with the right repairs. I'm still using one
I bought new in 1991.

Alan

Larry Gagnon <lagagnon@fakeuniserve.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.09.21.38.06.443382@fakeuniserve.com>...
> I have a used HP Laserjet IIIP I am attempting to restore. Works fine,
> except that every page has two vertical stripes of grey toner on every
> page, about 3-4cm wide, fuzzy edges, not "Lines".
>
> Obviously something needs cleaning or a new toner cartridge? Any ideas
> appreciated.
>
> Also, does anyone know a good website address with photos showing repair
> methods for this printer, or online repiar manuals (or downloadable
> ones)?? I have the Printer FAQ but without parts placement photos its a
> bit difficult for a novice like me!

<http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/LX-Catalog/LX-AssblyContents.html>
For parts diagrams, and they sell parts and repair kits too.