Laptop PCMCIA USB2 Card recommendation

ZerO

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003

I've tried a noname Ebay job in my dell - recognised ok but my flash drive
when pushed into it
just bleeps a couple of times and does nothing

thinking i need a decent one instead - maybe a belkin ?

any pointers from anybody ?

thanks

Did you try updating the drivers for the card?

"zero" <zeroREMOVEnews2@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I've tried a noname Ebay job in my dell - recognised ok but my flash drive
> when pushed into it
> just bleeps a couple of times and does nothing
>
> thinking i need a decent one instead - maybe a belkin ?
>
> any pointers from anybody ?
>
> thanks

ZerO

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003

xp - doesnt need any

"Captain Ron" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Did you try updating the drivers for the card?
>
> "zero" <zeroREMOVEnews2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I've tried a noname Ebay job in my dell - recognised ok but my flash
drive
> > when pushed into it
> > just bleeps a couple of times and does nothing
> >
> > thinking i need a decent one instead - maybe a belkin ?
> >
> > any pointers from anybody ?
> >
> > thanks

I don't know why but I need to boot my computer with the card in it for it
to be recognised & useable.
BruceM