USB Powered Hub Recommendation

I'm looking for a powered USB hub for a Dell Inspiron. The laptop only has
two USB ports, and I need more. I assumed a powered hub would be the best,
since I need to connect full size mouse, Canon digital camera, Canon
printer, sometimes a flash drive, and a webcam.

I don't need firewire.

Belkin seems to have the largest selection, the best configuration for
cables (out the rear of unit) but the most expensive. Their hubs also say
they have over-current protection. Do all powered hubs have this? Other
brands I see, but have never heard of, are Dynex and CyberPower.

What should I consider?
2 answers Last reply
More about powered recommendation

    "DB" <dbcooper@chute.net> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a powered USB hub for a Dell Inspiron. The laptop only
    > has
    > two USB ports, and I need more. I assumed a powered hub would be the
    > best,
    > since I need to connect full size mouse, Canon digital camera, Canon
    > printer, sometimes a flash drive, and a webcam.
    >
    > I don't need firewire.
    >
    > Belkin seems to have the largest selection, the best configuration for
    > cables (out the rear of unit) but the most expensive. Their hubs also say
    > they have over-current protection. Do all powered hubs have this? Other
    > brands I see, but have never heard of, are Dynex and CyberPower.
    >
    > What should I consider?

    Doesn't dell make a docking station for that? I've got one for my Gateway.
    It wasn't that expensive. Adds gobs of extra ports, not just USB. -Dave

    There are many self power USB hubs. Take a look on Newegg and see what the
    best deal is. Most of them are the same.

    "DB" <dbcooper@chute.net> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a powered USB hub for a Dell Inspiron. The laptop only
    > has
    > two USB ports, and I need more. I assumed a powered hub would be the
    > best,
    > since I need to connect full size mouse, Canon digital camera, Canon
    > printer, sometimes a flash drive, and a webcam.
    >
    > I don't need firewire.
    >
    > Belkin seems to have the largest selection, the best configuration for
    > cables (out the rear of unit) but the most expensive. Their hubs also say
    > they have over-current protection. Do all powered hubs have this? Other
    > brands I see, but have never heard of, are Dynex and CyberPower.
    >
    > What should I consider?

Homebuilt USB Systems