Attaching Motherboard to Tray.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hi: Very newbie question. I just bought a Coolermaster Wave Master to
put together my first system from scratch. Though I have built from
barebone systems before, I have never installed a motherboard, in this
case a Soyo Dragon 600 Platinum Ultra. I find the instructions about
installing the risers and bolting the motherboard to the motherboard
tray undecipherable. So:

1. In the bag of screws that came with the case, which screws are the
risers, if any? Would they be the six-sided (hex?) screws whose heads
are about a half-inch high?

2. If these are the risers, shouldn't there also be screws that are
longer than the risers that will reach from the top or front of the
motherboard into the tray?

3. Also, I've read somewhere that these risers should be made of brass
or plastic. Is this true?

Thanks.

"Dave" <zaphod@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Hi: Very newbie question. I just bought a Coolermaster Wave Master to
> put together my first system from scratch. Though I have built from
> barebone systems before, I have never installed a motherboard, in this
> case a Soyo Dragon 600 Platinum Ultra. I find the instructions about
> installing the risers and bolting the motherboard to the motherboard
> tray undecipherable. So:
>
> 1. In the bag of screws that came with the case, which screws are the
> risers, if any? Would they be the six-sided (hex?) screws whose heads
> are about a half-inch high?
>
> 2. If these are the risers, shouldn't there also be screws that are
> longer than the risers that will reach from the top or front of the
> motherboard into the tray?
>
> 3. Also, I've read somewhere that these risers should be made of brass
> or plastic. Is this true?
>
> Thanks.

The risers are usually brass six sided hex with a thread at one end which
screws into case and a screw hole in the other end where the screws that
hold the mobo go in. The mobo goes between the hole in the riser and your
screw with supplied cardboard washers, it really is self explanitory, if you
are confused you may not have been given the right screws and stuff with the
case.

I personally have never seen plastic risers, all the ones I have seen are
made of brass, thats not to say they don't exist though.

Shiva

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES; THIS AND ANOTHER THREAD IN THIS
GROUP REALLY HELPED.