How can I tell what kind of RAM I got?

Andrew

Thinking of upgrading the M/B & CPU and would like to re-use the RAM but
don't know what kind it is. It's about 3 years old.
Thanks, in advance

"Andrew" <sde@oppo.com> wrote in message
> Thinking of upgrading the M/B & CPU and would like to re-use the RAM but
> don't know what kind it is. It's about 3 years old.
> Thanks, in advance

I like CPU-Z. Gives the info you're wanting and more. Also free.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Andrew

"Ctal" <notme@nothere.com> wrote in message
> "Andrew" <sde@oppo.com> wrote in message
>> Thinking of upgrading the M/B & CPU and would like to re-use the RAM but
>> don't know what kind it is. It's about 3 years old.
>> Thanks, in advance
>>

> I like CPU-Z. Gives the info you're wanting and more. Also free.
>
> http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

THANKS. That's a great little niffty progrgam. The only thing I found was
that you can't copy an item (like the CPU) in use and paste it into another
doc. But it's a great program