testing methodology?

I was wondering how everyone tests their systems once they have them
fully assembled. I know a lot of you build systems all the time so is
there any hardware/software that you use for testing your components
before you can safely "forget" where you put the reciepts for your
components and forget about warrantys and exchanges?

jad

never throw way receipts as some are 1 to 3 years in length. Just use
the machine for as many things you have installed. Running unreal
tests never guarantees 'word' won't crash, if you catch my drift.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:22:21 -0700, "JAD" <Kapasitor@coldmail.com>
wrote:

:never throw way receipts as some are 1 to 3 years in length. Just use
:the machine for as many things you have installed. Running unreal
:tests never guarantees 'word' won't crash, if you catch my drift.

I know, I am a packrat too for documentation but I just wanted to know
when everyone is sure their system is stable. I guess one never knows
for sure :)

:
:"Jason Gallas" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
:news:n5q1m0hhgs3246eb69hpk3pjfqonp3sq2p@4ax.com...
:> I was wondering how everyone tests their systems once they have them
:> fully assembled. I know a lot of you build systems all the time so
:is
:> there any hardware/software that you use for testing your components
:> before you can safely "forget" where you put the reciepts for your
:> components and forget about warrantys and exchanges?
:>
:

Prime95 in Torture mode is excellent for seeing just how stable your
system is. Run it overnight.
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

> before you can safely "forget" where you put the reciepts for your
> components and forget about warrantys and exchanges?

I keep receipts for a minimum of 3 years.
--
Mac Cool

Al

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:10:29 -0700, Jason Gallas <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

>I was wondering how everyone tests their systems once they have them
>fully assembled. I know a lot of you build systems all the time so is
>there any hardware/software that you use for testing your components
>before you can safely "forget" where you put the reciepts for your
>components and forget about warrantys and exchanges?

I've been using the same burn in program since the 90's - it just
makes sure that the system doesn't burp during long continuous
operation.

I looked around and found something similar you might try:

http://www.passmark.com/download/

Good luck!

Spajky

wrote:

>I was wondering how everyone tests their systems once they have them
>fully assembled. I know a lot of you build systems all the time so is
>there any hardware/software that you use for testing your components
>before you can safely "forget" where you put the reciepts for your
>components and forget about warrantys and exchanges?

see my site under comp/Testing Stability ..
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##