Asus A620

August 15, 2004 1:34:59 PM

Can anyone point me to anywhere in the UK that stocks/sells a car charger
for Asus pda's?

I'd also appreciate details for any American stockist as I'll order one from
them if one can't be found in the UK.

They've went off Dabs stocklist (it was quoted as 'long delivery' prior to
disappearing) and I get no response from Asus.

Thanks

More about : asus a620

Anonymous
August 15, 2004 1:35:00 PM

Well if you can't find a car charger, one thing you can do and I do this
while driving in my truck as I don't have a way to get it home on the
charger. You can get a Power Inverter which turns your cigarette lighter
jack into a power plug like you have at home. You can then plug your power
supply into that and charge it that way. However, I know my Pocket PC does
offer a power plug that you can plug directly into the cigarette lighter
jack. So you may just be able to find one!

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone point me to anywhere in the UK that stocks/sells a car charger
> for Asus pda's?
>
> I'd also appreciate details for any American stockist as I'll order one
from
> them if one can't be found in the UK.
>
> They've went off Dabs stocklist (it was quoted as 'long delivery' prior to
> disappearing) and I get no response from Asus.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
August 15, 2004 6:20:23 PM

It's in the accessories listings, I wonder if they really exist .........

I don't really want to go the route of moving my UK voltage only charger
everywhere I go together with invertors/converters etc. - it starts to eat
into the portability idea of the ppc.

"emedendorp" <emedendorp@msn.com> wrote in message
> Well if you can't find a car charger, one thing you can do and I do this
> while driving in my truck as I don't have a way to get it home on the
> charger. You can get a Power Inverter which turns your cigarette lighter
> jack into a power plug like you have at home. You can then plug your
power
> supply into that and charge it that way. However, I know my Pocket PC
does
> offer a power plug that you can plug directly into the cigarette lighter
> jack. So you may just be able to find one!
>

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Can anyone point me to anywhere in the UK that stocks/sells a car
charger
> > for Asus pda's?
> >
> > I'd also appreciate details for any American stockist as I'll order one
> from
> > them if one can't be found in the UK.
> >
> > They've went off Dabs stocklist (it was quoted as 'long delivery' prior
> > disappearing) and I get no response from Asus.
> >
> > Thanks

August 17, 2004 10:48:40 PM

Alan you can buy an inverter from Halfords. Other than that, one of the MVPs
(Tod?) mentioned a supplier in a reply to somebody else.
HTH,
Ray (I too am in the UK)
> It's in the accessories listings, I wonder if they really exist .........
>
> I don't really want to go the route of moving my UK voltage only charger
> everywhere I go together with invertors/converters etc. - it starts to eat
> into the portability idea of the ppc.
>

> "emedendorp" <emedendorp@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Well if you can't find a car charger, one thing you can do and I do this
> > while driving in my truck as I don't have a way to get it home on the
> > charger. You can get a Power Inverter which turns your cigarette
lighter
> > jack into a power plug like you have at home. You can then plug your
> power
> > supply into that and charge it that way. However, I know my Pocket PC
> does
> > offer a power plug that you can plug directly into the cigarette lighter
> > jack. So you may just be able to find one!
> >

> > "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Can anyone point me to anywhere in the UK that stocks/sells a car
> charger
> > > for Asus pda's?
> > >
> > > I'd also appreciate details for any American stockist as I'll order
one
> > from
> > > them if one can't be found in the UK.
> > >
> > > They've went off Dabs stocklist (it was quoted as 'long delivery'
prior
> > > disappearing) and I get no response from Asus.
> > >
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 10:51:06 PM

http://www.thesupplynet.com/
There ya go...found it for you.
(Apologies to Todd for spelling his name incorrectly)
Ray
"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> It's in the accessories listings, I wonder if they really exist .........
>
> I don't really want to go the route of moving my UK voltage only charger
> everywhere I go together with invertors/converters etc. - it starts to eat
> into the portability idea of the ppc.
>

> "emedendorp" <emedendorp@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Well if you can't find a car charger, one thing you can do and I do this
> > while driving in my truck as I don't have a way to get it home on the
> > charger. You can get a Power Inverter which turns your cigarette
lighter
> > jack into a power plug like you have at home. You can then plug your
> power
> > supply into that and charge it that way. However, I know my Pocket PC
> does
> > offer a power plug that you can plug directly into the cigarette lighter
> > jack. So you may just be able to find one!
> >

> > "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Can anyone point me to anywhere in the UK that stocks/sells a car
> charger
> > > for Asus pda's?
> > >
> > > I'd also appreciate details for any American stockist as I'll order
one
> > from
> > > them if one can't be found in the UK.
> > >
> > > They've went off Dabs stocklist (it was quoted as 'long delivery'
prior
> > > disappearing) and I get no response from Asus.
> > >
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 12:52:09 AM

Thanks. After more looking the following seems like it may be the way to
go:
http://www.pc-mobile.net/asus.htm

at least they list the Asus machine, but i'll have a better look round
later.

!