Trouble Receiving SMS on Unlocked Nokia 6820

Ron

Customer Service won't be open for another 8 hours, so I thought I'd
post here to see if I could solve this tonight.

I can't send or receive text messages. I was wondering if this is a
common occurrence on unlocked phones, or if there's some setting that
I have to tweak in order to get it to work.

Thanks.

In <1954346a.0407302221.13902282@posting.google.com> on 30 Jul 2004 23:21:14
-0700, rdollete@gmail.com (Ron) wrote:

>Customer Service won't be open for another 8 hours, so I thought I'd
>post here to see if I could solve this tonight.
>
>I can't send or receive text messages. I was wondering if this is a
>common occurrence on unlocked phones, or if there's some setting that
>I have to tweak in order to get it to work.

Nope -- makes no difference, locked or unlocked.

Robert

In article <rJIOc.4972$54.77804@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> In <1954346a.0407302221.13902282@posting.google.com> on 30 Jul 2004 23:21:14
> -0700, rdollete@gmail.com (Ron) wrote:
>
> >Customer Service won't be open for another 8 hours, so I thought I'd
> >post here to see if I could solve this tonight.
> >
> >I can't send or receive text messages. I was wondering if this is a
> >common occurrence on unlocked phones, or if there's some setting that
> >I have to tweak in order to get it to work.
>
> Nope -- makes no difference, locked or unlocked.

CORRECT, If a phone is "locked" that merely means it can't be
used with another Carrier.